Operational temperature of AV modulator?

Discussions around meetinghouse sound systems, microphones, assisted listening devices, and translation equipment
aclawson

Operational temperature of AV modulator?

Post by aclawson »

Does anybody know how hot the Blonder AV modulators should be when running? I just found one of ours running at about 140-150 degrees (hot enough to burn) while in use... is this within normal range or is it overheating and in need of circulation fans in the satellite cabinet?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Operational temperature of AV modulator?

Post by russellhltn »

As I recall they get pretty warm, but I didn't think that warm. I'll have to check ours.

Where are you measuring the temperature?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

This was on the bottom, dead center of the unit towards the rear of the unit.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I checked ours. The hottest reading was 110F. Warm, but not burning. I think something is wrong with your setup. We have 4 in a "stack", so no breathing room above/below. They run 24/7.

What's below yours? Something below heating it up?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
StevePoulsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by StevePoulsen »

aclawson wrote:Does anybody know how hot the Blonder AV modulators should be when running? I just found one of ours running at about 140-150 degrees (hot enough to burn) while in use... is this within normal range or is it overheating and in need of circulation fans in the satellite cabinet?
The Blonder tongue modulators should not exceed 122 degrees Fahrenheit. Even that is at the extreme, anything beyond that indicates a problem.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

Thanks. I'll break out the laser next time I'm over there and get an absolute reading before I file a formal ticket.

Return to “Meetinghouse Audio”