Edit profile doesn't work

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
teresatimms

Edit profile doesn't work

Post by teresatimms »

I can't edit my own profile. No "edit" or "change" options appears next to my info, except by the "visibility" option.

HELP
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Edit profile doesn't work

Post by russellhltn »

While the edit link may appear to only be for the visibility, when you click it, you'll find it's for the data as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dancram

Post by dancram »

I am trying to edit my info because I have moved and need to change address so I can find my new ward and I cannot do it, despite your claim that the edit button does more than visibility. What can I do?
Biggles

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by Biggles »

dancram wrote:I am trying to edit my info because I have moved and need to change address so I can find my new ward and I cannot do it, despite your claim that the edit button does more than visibility. What can I do?
Change of address is the responsibility of your Ward Clerk or Membership Clerk. Ordinary Members aren't able to do this via the Directory, they can only edit their phone numbers and email address, or upload photos and of course visibility.

To find your new ward, use the maps option available on lds.org from the same drop down menu, where you found the Directory option.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dancram wrote:I am trying to edit my info because I have moved and need to change address so I can find my new ward and I cannot do it, despite your claim that the edit button does more than visibility. What can I do?
As noted, you can't change your address. You have to go though your ward for that. I think you can only change phone number, email and visibility.

You can locate the ward whose boundaries you are in via maps.lds.org. Call ahead, as the hours listed may not be accurate.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lorilynnhowell

Post by lorilynnhowell »

I need to change one digit in our family phone number. When I choose edit by the visibility it opens a box for the phone # but when I change it and hit "save" it doesn't update the phone #.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lorilynnhowell wrote:I need to change one digit in our family phone number. When I choose edit by the visibility it opens a box for the phone # but when I change it and hit "save" it doesn't update the phone #.
I've seen that as well. I think you'll find that it does change, but somehow it's cached in your browser session. If you exit completely, or open another browser, you'll see it's updated.

johnmoore1

Post by johnmoore1 »

johnmoore1

Post by johnmoore1 »

russellhltn wrote:
lorilynnhowell wrote:I need to change one digit in our family phone number. When I choose edit by the visibility it opens a box for the phone # but when I change it and hit "save" it doesn't update the phone #.
I've seen that as well. I think you'll find that it does change, but somehow it's cached in your browser session. If you exit completely, or open another browser, you'll see it's updated.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”