Missionary serving in a unit, contact information incorrect

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
tvreed

Missionary serving in a unit, contact information incorrect

Post by tvreed »

The contact information (phone number) for a set of missionaries serving in my unit (Pittsford Ward 152951, New York Rochester Mission, Penfield District) is incorrect.
It is correct in the IMOS data base (315-xxx-xxxx) but is incorrect in LDS.org (585-xxx-xxxx).
Last edited by russellhltn on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Phone numbers removed. This is a public forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary serving in a unit, contact information incorr

Post by russellhltn »

The phone numbers have been removed. This is a public forum.

I'm not sure what database it's pulled from. I assume it's one under the control of the mission. But it might be the FM group if they're living in a church-owned residence.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tvreed

Post by tvreed »

The phone number is still incorrect.
Will some one please follow through with this problem.
For future reference I would like to know how and when this will be resolved.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This is primarily user-to-user assistance. While employees do stop in from time to time, I'm not sure if any of them can fix it either.

I'd suggest you contact the Global Service Center.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tvreed wrote:The contact information (phone number) for a set of missionaries serving in my unit (Pittsford Ward 152951, New York Rochester Mission, Penfield District) is incorrect.
It is correct in the IMOS data base (315-xxx-xxxx) but is incorrect in LDS.org (585-xxx-xxxx).
The mission office will need to resolve this issue. You should point it out to them.

I believe the problem is similar to a change in MLS that does not flow properly to CDOL. Somethines the same thing happens with IMOS. There should be someone in the mission office who will know how to trigger the data to sync.
TerryDM
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TerryDM »

The information about missionaries and their contact information we dipslay in lds.org/directory is provided by the missionary department IMOS system, so I spent time with those on the IMOS development team here at Headquarters yesterday. We have discovered that the Phone number that is being published on lds.org/directory is the number that is being stored in the IMOS database, so any corrections to the information will need to be made by the Mission Office. It they are having trouble with getting the updated information into the system they need to work with the Missionary technology contacts which they have to resolve this issue.
doreenfaga

Post by doreenfaga »

In my local Branch we don't have the information of the local missionaries in it. Wondering if there is a way that their information can be on the directory of the ward. It will be easier for people to contact them if they need any help from them. How can there information be on the directory?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Talk to the mission office.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”