Fast Offering expenditure report options

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
oganloc

Fast Offering expenditure report options

Post by oganloc »

I am a relatively new Ward Clerk, and we have a new bishop who was called within the last few weeks. He asked me whether it is possible to print a report from the financial records that would indicate who has received fast offering assistance within the last year, and whether that information can be reported on a member basis, as opposed to a payee basis. I know that we can create a report that would reflect how much is being paid to the local utility company (for example), but unable to determine whether there is a way to identify how much has been expended for Bro. John Doe over the last 1-2 years. Do anybody know if this type of reporting capability is available?
RossEvans

Re: Fast Offering expenditure report options

Post by RossEvans »

If memory serves, there is a Recipient report that will show the transactions paid for the benefit of each fast offering recipient (that is, the member getting the aid). I believe that report can be filtered by member and date range, but not by category (housing, food, utilities, other). The ability to produce subtotals is quite limited.
Jester_ag

Post by Jester_ag »

I am relatively new as well, our bishop asked the same type of question... What I have started doing is looking at each month to show the recipient, but I shrink mine to only show the person only. Then I manually put it into Excel. I do this with the food orders as well. This way our bishop can see who has received what over the past 3 years. I decided 3 years should be enough and I will document it going forward. But you can pull that query, it just cannot be exported where you can manage it easier.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The fast offering recipient report should give you most of the information you need. All fast offering payments are listed and you can generate either a summary report (total payments for each recipient for a date range) or a detail report for a specific recipient. The only thing missing there that was mentioned above would be food orders.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”