List of Ward Member that have created accounts?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
falconraven4

List of Ward Member that have created accounts?

Post by falconraven4 »

I am the Website Administrator in my ward. I have been asked to make sure ward members know how to log into lds.org and access the information on the ward website. Is there a way to look up who from my ward already has a log in assigned to them??

Thank you!

Sister Fisher
eblood66

Re: List of Ward Member that have created accounts?

Post by eblood66 »

falconraven4 wrote:I am the Website Administrator in my ward. I have been asked to make sure ward members know how to log into lds.org and access the information on the ward website. Is there a way to look up who from my ward already has a log in assigned to them??

Thank you!

Sister Fisher
There is not. Your best method is to just ask people. And from my experiences just having an LDS Account doesn't mean someone knows how to use it to access the lds.org tools. It's not uncommon for someone to set up an account during an indexing or family history class and then not use it afterward or not realize they can use it for other things. Often they don't even remember they have an account.

So you really have to ask people anyway to find out if they really know how to use what they have.
falconraven4

Post by falconraven4 »

Thank you for your quick response. I guess I will have to attack this the old fashion way! :) I did learned something new though. I didn't realize that indexing and family search used the same log-in and password! Thanks again!!
mevans

Post by mevans »

falconraven4 wrote:Thank you for your quick response. I guess I will have to attack this the old fashion way! :) I did learned something new though. I didn't realize that indexing and family search used the same log-in and password! Thanks again!!
Almost all church member sites (if not all of them) now use the LDS Account single sign on. It's great.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

falconraven4 wrote:I didn't realize that indexing and family search used the same log-in and password! Thanks again!!
Yes, but it's possible that members haven't associated their LDS Account with their membership number. That will prevent things like Directory or Calendar from working.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
acearl

Post by acearl »

This is something that would be really useful, is there a reason that leadership couldn't have access to see who within the ward has an account? We're trying to make a push to get people onto FamilySearch and would like to know who needs help getting an account setup.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I would suggest that a lesson about the church's web resources would be good for a fifth Sunday combined Relief Society and Priesthood meeting. (This next Sunday, maybe?) Some of us have done such lessons already (under the Bishop's direction). Maybe even a 10-minute overview would be enough. It would be a great time to casually ask for a show of hands to determine how many members of the ward are using their LDS Accounts.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

acearl wrote:This is something that would be really useful, is there a reason that leadership couldn't have access to see who within the ward has an account?
It's possible that the Church has privacy concerns about such a feature, but it seems to me more likely that it is just not a high enough priority. Either way, we have to work with what we do or do not have in this regard.
acearl wrote:We're trying to make a push to get people onto FamilySearch and would like to know who needs help getting an account setup.
That's certainly a worthwhile effort. I would suggest that it's most effective when family history consultants work one-on-one with ward members to help them get onto FamilySearch. Part of that effort can be helping them get an account set up. Just because a member has an LDS account doesn't mean they remember their password or know how to use FamilySearch, so knowing they have an account isn't all that essential up front.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

acearl wrote:We're trying to make a push to get people onto FamilySearch and would like to know who needs help getting an account setup.
Seems to me that would be a good question to have the HT/VT ask their families.

Keep in mind, that some people may have an account and not know it. (It was created for something else and they don't realize it has a broader use.) They might also have an account, but failed to connect it with their membership as they didn't have their MRN handy. That's going to limit what they can do/see in FamilySearch. For example, I've seen cases where FS has tried to send me off to Ancestry.com to see a census image - until I signed in. And of course you can't see ordnances or submit a name to the temple without a MRN connected to the account.

So the question can be a bit more complex than simply asking them "do you have one?".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The stake indexing director can get a list of all the indexers in the stake, which would be a partial list of members who have LDS Accounts.

Return to “Church Account”