Windows 8.1 update?

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

joe_coolish

Re: Windows 8.1 update?

Post by joe_coolish »

Update: 6-28-14

We just published a Beta to our tester group! We are gathering feedback and we hopefully will have something in the store soon!

If you'd like to get access to the sideload beta, join the team and we'll send you the link!

Thanks for all your patience!
spencerto
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by spencerto »

Woo Hoo! It feels good to finally reach such an epic milestone. It has been a lot of hard work, but I think the app is really beginning to shape up nicely.

Grab the Beta and start testing!
wookieloou

Post by wookieloou »

joe_coolish wrote:Update: 6-28-14

We just published a Beta to our tester group! We are gathering feedback and we hopefully will have something in the store soon!

If you'd like to get access to the sideload beta, join the team and we'll send you the link!

Thanks for all your patience!
Awesome news Joe! How would one go about joining this beta?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

At the top of this website, click "projects" and search for "Gospel Library Windows" -- click on it, and then click "Join". Once you've joined the project, one of our members will send you a questionnaire. You should be sent an email with access to the beta and information concerning it shortly thereafter.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
EJLindsay

Post by EJLindsay »

This is wonderful that we are getting very close. Thanks for all the hard work.

Is there a quick summary of the features included and not included in this version. This would be very helpful in giving feedback.

Jay
joe_coolish

Post by joe_coolish »

I just received this email:
We are excited that we have released the new Beta version of Gospel Library to the public. The link is:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/g ... eeec2a95b2

Please let all of your friends and relatives know so that they can test it. Feel free to use social media to get the word out. Anyone can find beta version by doing a simple search in the store for 'Gospel Library'.

More information about the release can be found on the GLW Wiki page.
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/GLW

We are looking forward to a broad exposure of the program prior to our version release. We appreciate the help from you and everyone you know in testing this version.
Come see the hard work we've been putting in! I think you'll like the app. It has come a really long way since the previous version.

Also feel free to post feedback on the forums. I know there are a few of us that regularly check back here.

Thanks!
dkmortensen

Post by dkmortensen »

Sweet. Thanks so much for getting the beta update out. It is much improved over the initial version. I'm seeing some buggy behavior sometimes with the general conference multimedia. But I'm just glad to have synchronization w/ my LDS account study notebook finally here. Please keep up the great work!!
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

The multimedia features of Gospel Library for Windows, including simple audio playback of content, is hidden intentionally by the "Preview Features" toggle in the beta version of the application. So that you are aware, features that have been hidden behind the "Preview Features" toggle in the application are just that: previews. These features are not yet complete and are, in many cases, merely place holders or early, incomplete versions of the feature still under development. Because of their unfinished and rapidly changing nature, we are taking neither feedback nor bug reports on these items at this time. We hope to move all of the features currently hidden by this toggle out as full, polished features as quickly as possible.

Do continue to give us feedback! We read all of it and take it into consideration as we proceed with the application's development. It lets us know (reminds us, really) that our efforts are appreciated.
argystu

Post by argystu »

I posted this in another thread before i realized this is where it belongs. I'm getting the following when trying to run the new beta app - it just spins, never loads, and eventually closes (suspends, windows closes it, and reopens, then repeats the cycle). If I check the event viewer, it says

The program GospelLibrary.UI.exe version 1.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

I have uninstalled / reinstalled a few times...rebooted...nothing has worked. Running this on Windows 8.1 udpate 1 - x64.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Thank you for your feedback.

The bugs surrounding this issue have been identified and will be fixed in an upcoming update to the beta version of the application. We don't have a precise ETA for the update, but we hope to have it out very soon.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”