MLS Test Environment

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kolisikepu

MLS Test Environment

Post by kolisikepu »

I know it's in the forums somewhere, but can someone please direct me to the MLS setup for test data so I can do a presentation/training to our Ward and Stake leaders please.

I know I load a dummy ward and stake number which will then load dummy data for testing and training.

Thanking you in advance.
kolisikepu

Re: MLS Test Environment

Post by kolisikepu »

Nevermind... sorry, I found the Wiki via Google. I should have done that from the start.

Here's how incase someone was looking like me.
http://tech.lds.org/wiki/MLS_test_data
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Not sure what kind of training/presentation you are giving, but be aware the test data is sorely outdated and doesn't include CUBS.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:Not sure what kind of training/presentation you are giving, but be aware the test data is sorely outdated and doesn't include CUBS.
I don't think there's any Primary anymore. All of the "children" have aged out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I don't think there's any Primary anymore. All of the "children" have aged out.
Besides the lack of CUBS, russellhltn is correct. You may have to "practice" recording a lot of births and blessings to have a meaningful batch of children with which to practice.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
Mikerowaved wrote:Not sure what kind of training/presentation you are giving, but be aware the test data is sorely outdated and doesn't include CUBS.
I don't think there's any Primary anymore. All of the "children" have aged out.
Actually, it's much worse than that for organizations. None of the organizations have classes, regardless of the age of the members. So for Sunday School and Primary that means you're totally out of luck -- you can't have any classes, so you can't have any members. For the organizations without classes (all the other organizations), there are no members in any of the organizations. But at least for those you can manually add members to the classes.

If you have an older test database that you have migrated, you might have more options. But for new installs, the already abysmal support for MLS test data is getting even worse.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”