Sync setting

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
tczimm

Sync setting

Post by tczimm »

Gospel Library version 3.4.1
My Settings page shows the last sync to be Last month, but I cannot find a place to force a sync or to set it to sync all the time. If I click on my login name it just brings up the options to Sign Out or Cancel.
Any suggestions?

-TomZ
kevankjar

Re: Sync setting

Post by kevankjar »

Same thing happened to me... any solutions?
julien.moulis

Post by julien.moulis »

Hi,
As a workaround I closed my session and loged right after and the sync process starts automatically, but it takes hours to sync?! I don't understand why they took off the sync button like in the 2.5.
Sorry for my english... I'm not native.
dustingreen

Post by dustingreen »

Nothing is syncing for me. I edit on the website, my iPhone, and iPad but nothing is syncing to any of the other devices. I've tried to log out and back in, but when I do that it never seems to stop syncing. I've also deleted the app and reinstalled it on the iPhone, but that doesn't seem to do anything either.
JohnCarin

Post by JohnCarin »

I'm having the same issue on my iPad with iOS 7.1. I've logged out and back in and the message just stays syncing. Please fix this, give a manual sync option, or otherwise help.
spolsen18

Post by spolsen18 »

Just to add another voice, the same thing is happening to me as well. A fix would be greatly appreciated, thanks for all the efforts.
CoderAZ

Post by CoderAZ »

Yup. I'm having the same problem. It is taking hours to sync on my iphone. My iPad does it just fine though...weird. Love a solution
stevebenard

Post by stevebenard »

I having the same problem. LDS Library is no longer syncing. When I log out and log back in, it says "syncing" and just stays in that mode in perpetuity. The only way I can get it to stop is to reboot my iPhone. That's no solution at all!

Perhaps its time for prayer and fasting... We know it works!
stevebenard

Post by stevebenard »

Just checking back for any updates or news regarding this problem. Has anyone been able to successfully find a workaround or solution?

I had considered removing the app and reinstalling it, but dustingreen says he already tried that, and it didn't work either. Is there a smilie icon for "frustrated"? :)
stevebenard

Post by stevebenard »

Great thread going here!

This is just a guess, but it may be a starting point for a solution. Is it possible that the sync data on the iPhone may have become corrupted? That would explain why the app tries to sync, but just hangs and shows that it is syncing indefinitely. If so, then we could work to find a way to delete it and download it fresh. What other circumstances could have caused this challenge, and how do we rectify it?

It would seem to me that it's likely we aren't the first people to encounter this problem, but I haven't been able to find any other web pages that deals with this one.

It may be a test of everyone's memories now, but does anyone else remember any other events or changes related to the app or iPhone that occurred about the same time? This is important because this problem surfaced for all of us at the same time. That fact hints at both a cause and a possible solution. My memory may be a bit foggy, but I seem to recall that there was either an app update or even an Apple IOS update that occurred about the time this problem surfaced for all of us. Does anyone else remember what other related event may have triggered this bug?
Last edited by stevebenard on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”