Trying to understand role of Stk Website Administrator

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
NPAlemany

Trying to understand role of Stk Website Administrator

Post by NPAlemany »

Our sister stake is moving forward and trying to understand how the calendar system works, but they have a question I can't find the answer to, so thought I'd ask.

If a stake calendar administrator has input a stake event and has then moved on to another responsibility at another level - who is able to make changes to the event should such be necessary? I'm trying to clear a duplicate calendar (so it can be deleted) that my stake created in the system as it has been creating "train wrecks" in the building where it exists between my stake and our sister stake. Our sister stake is the agent stake for this building. There are a number of items our sister stake has input on this "extra calendar" but the current stake calendar administrator is unable to make the necessary changes to move these events to the FMAT created calendar that should be used for this building, as they were created by someone else. I would think that the only individual at the stake level that could make the changes on the stake calendar would be the Stake Website Administrator. A Stake Calendar Administrator would not be authorized to do so. Am I correct in making that assumption? Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Trying to understand role of Stk Website Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nancypalemany wrote:... the current stake calendar administrator is unable to make the necessary changes to move these events to the FMAT created calendar that should be used for this building, as they were created by someone else. I would think that the only individual at the stake level that could make the changes on the stake calendar would be the Stake Website Administrator. A Stake Calendar Administrator would not be authorized to do so. Am I correct in making that assumption?
All the stake calendar administrators have the same rights, except that only a default stake calendar administrator (someone who is an administrator because of his/her calling, not someone who was explicitly added as a calendar administrator) can add/remove other administrators. If you're talking about moving events, any stake calendar administrator would have the same rights. It's certainly not the case that a Stake Website Administrator would have any more rights than any other stake calendar administrator.

However, no stake calendar administrator has any ability to move events on a ward calendar. That can usually only be done by an administrator or editor in that ward.

The exception to the above is that an assigned building scheduler can edit (including changing the location) any events that are scheduled for the location he/she is assigned to. Of course, one or more stake calendar administrators might be assigned as a building scheduler, which would give them the ability to edit all events at that building. But that ability comes from the building scheduler assignment, not from the stake calendar administrator role.

So if you want to move all events from one location to another, the person most able to do this (for all events on any calendars) would be a building scheduler for the current location (and it would probably be helpful if they are also designated as a building scheduler for the new location.
NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

Okay, Remembering my sister stake is not up to speed on the calendar, yet. The individual I am working with was once the Stake Clerk and then became a Bishop in the agent stake building we share. He has continued in his role as building scheduler but I doubt that anything additional has been done to the system - as in, his name was added anywhere in the stake system. His ability to put anything on the calendar, when he does use it, extends from the fact he has by default "Ward Calendar Administrator" status as bishop. I think I've got in and I know what to tell him. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nancypalemany wrote:His ability to put anything on the calendar, when he does use it, extends from the fact he has by default "Ward Calendar Administrator" status as bishop.
Which suggests that he has only member rights to the stake calendar. That needs to be fixed in order to take over that role.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”