Chromebook indexing app

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
bbennion

Chromebook indexing app

Post by bbennion »

Is there any effort to make a chromebook app for indexing? If not can someone point me in the right direction to develop my own app
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Chromebook indexing app

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I moved this topic from the General Discussions forum to the appropriate FamilySearch Indexing forum.]
bbennion wrote:Is there any effort to make a chromebook app for indexing? If not can someone point me in the right direction to develop my own app
The current direction is to create a web application for indexing (see here).

For mobile devices, the approach of creating an indexing app was tried and rejected in favor of this new approach of using a web app for all devices. So I really doubt that there would be interest in creating a Chromebook-specific app. And there is no public API available for indexing, so there's really nowhere to point you for developing your own app.

I'd recommend that you wait until the new web app is released; it should work fine on a Chromebook device.
bbennion

Re: Chromebook indexing app

Post by bbennion »

Thank you for the reply. I have three youth with Chromebooks. I will load Ubuntu on them so they can use the current version of ithe ndexing program. If any call fit beta testing comes out please post here. Thank you.

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”