Gospel App & Game Contest

Gospel App & Game Contest in conjunction with previous LDSTech Conferences
Amirrah

Gospel App & Game Contest

Post by Amirrah »

I am sooo EXCITED about this! Thank you thank you thank you! Myself and other LDS/Christian game developers have been passionate about our desire to make games that "mean something" or that "stand for something".

Last year, when I found nothing here, at LDSTech, I went ahead on myself - and I started to make a game around Bible-verse memorization (for all Christian parents and youth). Next month, I hope to demo the beginnings of the game at the Christian Game Developer's Conference.

I have known that God was calling me to do this. To make games for Him. But at times it is lonely when I feel like I am the only LDS-member interested in these Christian games.

Recently, I got discouraged for other reasons. I stopped working on the game, even though I knew God wanted me to finish, due to computer issues and time management/money issues. Today, I was looking for inspiration to get started again, and I saw this announced in an email. Maybe just a minor announcement to some? But to me, THIS is confirmation that I need to finish this game, and others as well!

Games of *value* are badly needed today. I've seen it, and now I see that the Church leaders agree. :) (Which I knew would happen eventually, but I wasn't expecting it to happen like this! With a game/app contest? This is what game developers thrive on!) This is going to be awesome. A contest where everyone wins. <3
RISN

Re: Gospel App & Game Contest

Post by RISN »

Is there any way to connect with people who can help take a game idea and turn it into an app?
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

RISN wrote:Is there any way to connect with people who can help take a game idea and turn it into an app?
Maybe we can use "sourceforge", or similiar, to share our work.
NonaKD

Post by NonaKD »

I am looking forward the results of this contest. I have no tech talent. I have been hoping someone would create an app to help memorize The Family-A Proclamation to the World.
bsummie

Post by bsummie »

I have a simple idea, if anyone knows the app development side
brunomonteiro.sud

Post by brunomonteiro.sud »

Amirrah wrote:I am sooo EXCITED about this! Thank you thank you thank you! Myself and other LDS/Christian game developers have been passionate about our desire to make games that "mean something" or that "stand for something".
I understand you, and have the same feeling here in Brazil...why we cant use games to teach the gospel, help the youth and other purposes?

This contest is a great way to help "gamedev members" meet each other and share experiences!

Return to “Gospel App & Game Contest”