scheduled events do not appear

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
scottrayw1

scheduled events do not appear

Post by scottrayw1 »

I am a building scheduler. Often when I schedule an event, that event does not appear on other's computers. They can be looking at the same calendar day. On my computer screen, it shows up, but on someone else's, it may not. This is an ongoing issue. Today I scheduled an event for someone in my stake. I asked that person to go and view it to make sure I entered it correctly. She replied that it does not show up. The day still appears blank on her screen view. On mine, it is clearly there.

In other cases, someone will go to the calendar (month view), see an open day, then tell me to schedule and event for that day. That day will also appear open on my screen view. Then, when attempting to enter details, I get a restriction notice. Why does the calendar day show up blank if that day is restricted?

These are recurring problems that make my job very frustrating. Someone, PLEASE HELP!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: scheduled events do not appear

Post by russellhltn »

What calendar are you scheduling this on? If you're using the Restriction screen, that's not going to work.

Furthermore, the old model of having one person schedule a multi-ward building is dead. The system won't work that way. The wards have to schedule their own events on their own calendars.

Your role has been largely relegated to conflict management and perhaps scheduling private events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: scheduled events do not appear

Post by aebrown »

scottrayw1 wrote:Today I scheduled an event for someone in my stake. I asked that person to go and view it to make sure I entered it correctly. She replied that it does not show up. The day still appears blank on her screen view. On mine, it is clearly there.
In general, the other person will only be able to see the event if that event was added to a calendar that they have subscribed to (Settings > Subscriptions) and that they have made visible (the box is checked by that calendar in the main calendar view). So the key question is which calendar you added the event to -- and whether the other person is subscribed to and viewing that calendar.
scottrayw1 wrote:In other cases, someone will go to the calendar (month view), see an open day, then tell me to schedule and event for that day. That day will also appear open on my screen view. Then, when attempting to enter details, I get a restriction notice. Why does the calendar day show up blank if that day is restricted?
The one exception to the general visibility rule I mentioned above is if the event was set to actually book a building (location). In that case, anyone in the stake can see it if they go to Week View, and check the box by that location. That's the only way that anyone can see events on a calendar they can't normally view (they can also see the Restrictions that way). So if someone is looking in month view and they aren't subscribed to the calendar that contains the event, they won't see the event.

Return to “Calendar”