Master Schedule

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
rachbloo

Master Schedule

Post by rachbloo »

Where does the master lesson schedule for R.S. that is loaded into the lds.org at the beginning of the year originate from?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Master Schedule

Post by russellhltn »

As far as I know, there is no "master schedule". Each ward sets their own. It will fill in automatically based on the manual selected, with a lesson for each 2nd and 3rd Sunday. Wards customize it from there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn is correct: there is no "master schedule". The tool recognizes that priesthood and Relief Society meetings use certain lesson sources on different Sundays and helps by setting some things up for you. Lessons on the 2nd and 3rd Sundays are just filled in according to order; it's up to you to customize them.

In the former tool, stakes could apparently set some of the schedules, but everything now is handled on a ward basis.
rayfroess

Post by rayfroess »

As the HP, EQ, and RS should have the mostly the same lesson schedule (Handbook 2 - 7.8 Quorum and Group Meetings), it would make it easier if one auxiliary could copy (then edit if necessary) another's schedule rather than have to create their own.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I am the ward web administrator, and I always set the schedule for RS and PH. If there are extra lessons, as there are in PH/RS, the bishop decides which lessons to include. After I get the lessons set, I enter them in the Lesson Schedules on the Tools menu and also email a copy to each of the auxiliaries.
rayfroess

Post by rayfroess »

In our ward only the HP have theirs posted. Don't you have to edit the initial template for HP, EQ, and RS separately at the beginning of the year to handle conferences and lesson preferences? Wouldn't it easier to edit one then copy it for the other two. From then on you'd probably would have to edit each independently.
mevans

Post by mevans »

RayFroess wrote:In our ward only the HP have theirs posted. Don't you have to edit the initial template for HP, EQ, and RS separately at the beginning of the year to handle conferences and lesson preferences? Wouldn't it easier to edit one then copy it for the other two. From then on you'd probably would have to edit each independently.
Yes, it would be easier, but the tool doesn't support that. I've found that I can open multiple browser windows or tabs on my monitor for each organization and it's not too difficult to quickly synchronize the lessons across the organizations. Once it's set, it doesn't frequently change.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”