How to refer to tech.lds.org?

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
aebrown
Community Administrator

How to refer to tech.lds.org?

Post by aebrown »

What is the proper way to refer to this site?
  • The big heading on the site is LDS TECH;on the opening page in the header, the question is asked "What is LDS TECH?"
  • But the HTML title of the page (displayed in browser dialog titles) is "LDSTech Web Site"
  • In this article, it is referred to as "LDS Technology Site"
So there are at least three options. The reason I ask is that in the LDSClerks wiki, we make several references to this site, and I'd like those references to be consistent and accurate. We always refer to clerk.lds.org as Clerk and Technology Support, which seems accurate and unambiguous. But I'd appreciate some guidance on how we should refer to this site.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

Alan_Brown wrote:What is the proper way to refer to this site?
  • The big heading on the site is LDS TECH;on the opening page in the header, the question is asked "What is LDS TECH?"
  • But the HTML title of the page (displayed in browser dialog titles) is "LDSTech Web Site"
  • In this article, it is referred to as "LDS Technology Site"
So there are at least three options. The reason I ask is that in the LDSClerks wiki, we make several references to this site, and I'd like those references to be consistent and accurate. We always refer to clerk.lds.org as Clerk and Technology Support, which seems accurate and unambiguous. But I'd appreciate some guidance on how we should refer to this site.

It's hard because this forum is used for different Church aspects. Even though we deal with a lot of technology on the site we also deal with policies. I have talked with Tom in the past and this is the easiest solution to get a forum for clerks and others to use for now. I refer to it as the clerk and technology forum, even though that is not entirely accurate.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

The official name is "LDS Technology Web Site" but we call it "LDSTech" for short. As Jamie aludes to, we are expanding the use of the site to include more departments such as stake and ward clerks.

Tom
cottrells

LDSTech or LDS Tech?

Post by cottrells »

Tomw clarified on his wiki user talk page that the intention is to brand this site as LDSTech (with no space).

Return to “Help with this forum”