Removing non-existent out of unit callings

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rpyne

Removing non-existent out of unit callings

Post by rpyne »

I have a ward member who still shows as having a calling in another unit, which unit no longer exists. How can I deleted this calling?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Removing non-existent out of unit callings

Post by russellhltn »

I'd call local unit support. I don't think there's anything else you can do at your end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I'd be interested in the details if they 'moved' into your ward recently. When their ward changes all the callings in the old ward should be deleted automatically. We have had issues in the past, but if there is still a bug, I'd like to get it fixed.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

In February of 2010, while living in our ward, the person was called to serve in a singles ward in our stake. In the interim, the person moved to another ward, the singles ward was disbanded, and the person moved back into our ward. The calling does not show up in MLS, but it does show up in LDS Tools and on lds.org.
Last edited by rpyne on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

So, this sounds like a out-of-unit calling that failed to delete when the unit was disbanded. In general, I wouldn't expect moving between wards to affect out-of-unit callings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

russellhltn wrote:So, this sounds like a out-of-unit calling that failed to delete when the unit was disbanded. In general, I wouldn't expect moving between wards to affect out-of-unit callings.
Exactly.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

rpyne wrote:
russellhltn wrote:So, this sounds like a out-of-unit calling that failed to delete when the unit was disbanded. In general, I wouldn't expect moving between wards to affect out-of-unit callings.
Exactly.
No, the moving between wards only releases callings in the ward they are moving out of.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

rpyne wrote:In February of 2010, while living in our ward, the person was called to serve in a singles ward in our stake. In the interim, the person moved to another ward, the singles ward was disbanded, and the person moved back into our ward. The calling does not show up in MLS, but it does show up in LDS Tools and on lds.org.
This has been cleaned up. In this case the YSA ward still had several people in a custom calling. I looked in the database and found a few more, but the most recent was from a ward being discontinued in 2011, so it looks like there isn't a current bug causing this problem.

Thanks.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

jonesrk wrote:This has been cleaned up. In this case the YSA ward still had several people in a custom calling. I looked in the database and found a few more, but the most recent was from a ward being discontinued in 2011, so it looks like there isn't a current bug causing this problem.

Thanks.
Thank you.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”