Security Resets Unavailable for MLS 3.7.1 Release

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Security Resets Unavailable for MLS 3.7.1 Release

Post by lajackson »

Several of our units were not able to transmit after the new MLS 3.7.1 release installed today. We will call for security resets in the morning.

This is one more reason it would be nice if consideration would be given to letting the Global Service Center do a reset for us. The GSC spent a lot of time trying to help us today, all for naught.

It also would be nice if something could be said concerning the reason GSC is not allowed to reset for us. Or at the very least, something said that this is a conscious decision based on security or whatever. The only thing we have to go on at the present is that this request has been ignored for years. That is a valid approach too, if it is truly the intended response.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Security Resets Unavailable for MLS 3.7.1 Release

Post by Mikerowaved »

And another reason why I'm a strong supporter of having updates rollout on Monday instead of Fri, Sat, or Sun.

BTW, my wish would be to eventually put a token reset switch right in the TM webpage, but I don't have much pull in such things.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Mikerowaved wrote:And another reason why I'm a strong supporter of having updates rollout on Monday instead of Fri, Sat, or Sun.
Our cycle for prep, build, and validate tends to push release dates toward the end of the week, but I'll start a discussion about trying to change the dates that releases (or beta releases) are staged.

I'm not sure who at the GSC has access to security resets. It may be something that requires escalation. I included lajackson's issue in our post-release discussion.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:Our cycle for prep, build, and validate tends to push release dates toward the end of the week, but I'll start a discussion about trying to change the dates that releases (or beta releases) are staged.

I'm not sure who at the GSC has access to security resets. It may be something that requires escalation. I included lajackson's issue in our post-release discussion.
Thanks for that. Both have been long-standing issues. If something has bugs and is released on a Friday, then everyone gets it and has to wait until Monday to resolve the problems. If it was staged toward the beginning of the week, then there's a chance to pull it before it hits everyone and problems can be fixed before Sunday. I'm unaware of any advantage to the field for staging on a Friday.

As far anyone has reported, security resets can only be done by Local Unit Support. They do work late on some week nights, but not open at all on Sundays.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”