Rights and Roles don't work

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
scubadox

Rights and Roles don't work

Post by scubadox »

I'm an assistant Ward clerk, and have been working with the High Priests Quorum President, as well as the Relief Society President and Young Women's President. According to the documentation for the newsletter:

Members with the following callings are default newsletter publishers:

High Priest group leader
Elders Quorum president
Primary president
Relief Society president
Sunday School president
Young Men president
Young Women president

However, when I had the HP Pres, RS Pres and YW Pres log in to the newsletter for our Ward, they didn't not have authoring/publishing rights. I had to assign them manually using the "Admin" function. To me this seems to be a bug, as the documentation states that they should have default publishing rights. Is anyone else having this issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Rights and Roles don't work

Post by russellhltn »

scubadox wrote:However, when I had the HP Pres, RS Pres and YW Pres log in to the newsletter for our Ward, they didn't not have authoring/publishing rights.
Check the CDOL and make sure these individuals are listed with the right calling and it's not in orange print (which indicates a custom position).

Failure to record the calling as a standard position will results in multiple problems with their rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scubadox

Post by scubadox »

They are all in the correct non-custom callings. When I, with my rights, went into the admin function of the newsletter, I was able to turn on administrative/authoring rights for them by adding them by title. I'd be interested if there's anyone else out there who could have their RS or HS or Elder's Quorum president verify that they can author an article in the newsletter with their standard calling rights. I thought it might be ok for one of them not to have those rights, but I had the Young Women's President, Relief Society President and also the High Priests Quorum Group Leader all try it - none of them could create a new article.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I wonder if they were default editors, that were removed by a previous newsletter admin?
scubadox

Post by scubadox »

This is our first shot at using the Newsletter function on lds.org (we used a blog site for a Ward website before this) so there was no previous use of the newsletter function.

Return to “Newsletter”