Convert baptism record problem

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rashirtz

Convert baptism record problem

Post by rashirtz »

I have a ten year old boy, a non-member, who is the son of a single LDS mother.

He was baptized this month. When I try to create a convert baptism record for him, MLS says I am creating a duplicate record of him, since he is listed as a child of her household already. So I don't want to create a ducplicate record, as he is already listed in the single mother's household.

But If I try to record his baptism under his already established household record, it says I must record it as a convert baptism. Seems like I'm stuck in a Catch -22.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Convert baptism record problem

Post by russellhltn »

rashirtz wrote:But If I try to record his baptism under his already established household record, it says I must record it as a convert baptism.
At 10 years old, he's no longer a child of record baptism, but a convert baptism. Unless something has changed, the mission office has to record it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Convert baptism record problem

Post by sbradshaw »

The mission office records it, and you print the certificate.

Return to “Membership Help”