Quarterly Report Stake/Ward not matching

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
natrx-p40

Quarterly Report Stake/Ward not matching

Post by natrx-p40 »

I recently checked the stake quarterly report and a couple units were showing zeros in their columns. When I logged into that unit's MLS (same day, same building) their 1st quarter numbers were showing up just fine.

Any idea what would be causing this discrepancy?
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

My first guess is that they (the wards in question) have done the report and hit the send/receive button but you (if you are on the stake computer) may not have done a send/receive yet. Try clicking on send/receive and then check the quarterly report. The wards in question should then show data in their columns.

If that doesn't work then you are beyond my expertise and hopefully one of the moderators here can help you out.

Jim
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

natrx wrote:I recently checked the stake quarterly report and a couple units were showing zeros in their columns. When I logged into that unit's MLS (same day, same building) their 1st quarter numbers were showing up just fine.

Any idea what would be causing this discrepancy?
As pilotfly mentioned, someone may not have done a send/receive. What really needs to happen is:
  1. The ward fills out the quarterly report.
  2. The ward does a send/receive.
  3. After the ward information is received at Church Headquarters, some time needs to pass before the data is available for download by the stake. I believe I heard once that this is about 4 hours, but that was quite a while ago, and this lag may be shorter now. Perhaps DJC or some other Church employee can clarify this.
  4. The stake then does a send/receive.
Even after this, we have had cases in our stake (admittedly this was several months ago, on a previous version of MLS) where we could verify that the ward filled in the report and did a send/receive, but the data was not available to the stake even several days later. In those cases, we had the ward modify something on the quarterly report (and change it back again so it was correct), so that MLS would send the quarterly report again when they did a send/receive. Then (after waiting a while as noted in step 3 above), the stake would do a send/receive and finally get that ward's quarterly report data.
natrx-p40

Post by natrx-p40 »

Thanks Alan,

I do weekly send/receives at the stake and that ward does send/receives every Sunday. That's a good idea about making a change on the report and resending. We'll give that a try.

Thanks for the tip!
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

This was actually, if I remember correctly, a problem with 2.8.1 and one of the main reasons that 2.8.2 was released. It sounds exactly like the situation you described. The data is intact and correct but was showing zeros in the report. I believe it is fixed in 2.8.2 so make sure you are running with that version and see if the problem goes away.
natrx-p40

Post by natrx-p40 »

Will do. The asst clerk said that the patch came through but I'll double check.

Thanks for the tip

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”