Readmission Baptism & Confirmation

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
crmorrell

Readmission Baptism & Confirmation

Post by crmorrell »

We just had our first readmission disciplinary council that could use the online report of disciplinary council. This did not include behavior which required 1st Presidency approval for readmission. I assumed I should file the report before we performed the baptism and confirmation. However, the bottom of the form calls for baptism and confirmation information (when, by whom). I could save my report of the disciplinary council, but could not forward it to my stake president. I think this means that we may go ahead and perform the baptism and confirmation on the Stake President's authority alone, then submit the on-line completed form. Any comments or concerns?

By the way, the online disciplinary council report times out after 20 minutes. I recommend you prepare the report in a word processor, then cut and paste into the online form.
DavidChaston

Re: Readmission Baptism & Confirmation

Post by DavidChaston »

I could use help with the same question. Urgently needed.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

crmorrell wrote:...the bottom of the form calls for baptism and confirmation information (when, by whom). I could save my report of the disciplinary council, but could not forward it to my stake president. I think this means that we may go ahead and perform the baptism and confirmation on the Stake President's authority alone, then submit the on-line completed form. Any comments or concerns?
That's correct. Note that the paper forms we used before the online process gave the presiding officer 30 days to submit the paperwork after the council. So although we need to be reasonably prompt, there's not a huge rush to get the paperwork in. It's therefore no great burden to wait a bit until the baptism has occurred, and then submit all the information at one time. In my experience, the baptisms happen pretty quickly (within a week or two). So the clerk gathers the baptism/confirmation information, includes it in the online report, and submits it to the stake president. I've done that process online a couple of times, and it works out just fine.
dooley2004

Post by dooley2004 »

The foregoing comments were very helpful to me. I am a bishop, conducting a readmission baptism and confirmation and did not see how to generate a new baptism and confirmation record. Later, I found the information that the Stake President had entered into the confidential record section. It appears to be a matter of timing and knowing that once the readmission was approved, the bishop can proceed with the baptism and confirmation, then make record entries once the confidential info has been submitted or updated. Thanks, all.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”