Standard speed?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
drepouille

Standard speed?

Post by drepouille »

Of the eight meetinghouses in my stake, two have cable modems, five have DSL, and one has line-of-sight wireless Internet service. I have been trying to increase service speeds by contacting the providers. I was able to do that with one or two of the DSL accounts, but the FM wouldn't allow me to increase the speed at the stake center, because the FM was in the process of renegotiating the contract with Cox. Understandable.

I asked the FM why the Cox broadband service at the stake center was so slow. The FM told me that there is a standard meetinghouse Internet speed. It doesn't matter if you have a cable modem or a DSL -- you get the same standard speed as any other meetinghouse. I guess I understand that policy, even though I don't agree with it. I am sure that policy must come from the Presiding Bishopric or some related office.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”