Ward Calendar Event booking Stake Centre

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
chris_hazeldine

Ward Calendar Event booking Stake Centre

Post by chris_hazeldine »

Apologies in advance if this is something that has already been dealt with - I started reading but didn't see anything similar.

I am Stake Exec Sec, just went into the Stake Calendar to put a time against a Fireside that previously was an all day event, to find that one of our units (not residing at the Stake Center) had put in an entry for the Fireside and booked the Chapel in the Stake Center.

I checked the Scheduler rights on the building as I was very surprised to see this booking, and the member doesn't have any privileges to the Stake Center.

Is this a known bug or am I missing a setting somewhere?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Calendar Event booking Stake Centre

Post by aebrown »

chris_hazeldine wrote:I checked the Scheduler rights on the building as I was very surprised to see this booking, and the member doesn't have any privileges to the Stake Center.

Is this a known bug or am I missing a setting somewhere?
What you're missing is that every calendar editor in the stake has access to schedule any location in the stake, so the member (who must certainly be a calendar editor in their ward) certainly does have privileges for your stake center, even if their ward doesn't meet there. This is how the Calendar system has always worked and is designed to work.

This allows, for example, a ward mission leader to schedule a baptism in a building where he doesn't normally meet, because his building has no baptismal font. Of course he'll still have to arrange to get keys to the building or have someone unlock it for him, but he can book the appropriate rooms directly, putting the event on his ward's calendar (which no one at the stake level can do).
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

Thank you for confirming.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would note that a contributing factor is likely being slow and/or inconsistent in placing events on the calendar. If the stake had put it on the calendar when it was first planned, not only could they not book the room, but they'd have no need to put it on the ward calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”