Voided Check

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
markhsnow

Voided Check

Post by markhsnow »

How do you void a check in MLS ?
drepouille

Re: Voided Check

Post by drepouille »

The instructions for voiding a check in MLS are in RKATS at this location:
https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... k?lang=eng
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
markhsnow

Post by markhsnow »

Thank you. The check I need to void was incorrectly printed (fed to printer upside down). The next two printed checks were then off by one check number. Is there a way to reassign these checks to the correct check numbers?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I would say all three checks are spoiled and should be voided. Then print three new checks.
robmerrill

Post by robmerrill »

Hi. With the online check payments (from web browser not MLS) how do you void a check?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

If the check has not yet been approved and printed, you can reject the expense in LCR Finance. If the check has been printed, but has not yet cleared, I assume you should be able to void the check using LCR Finance as well. I don't have any checks that have not yet cleared, so I can't test my theory.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Voided Checkh

Post by jdlessley »

drepouille wrote:If the check has not yet been approved and printed, you can reject the expense in LCR Finance. If the check has been printed, but has not yet cleared, I assume you should be able to void the check using LCR Finance as well.
This is correct. If the check has not been printed the expense should be rejected. During the print process there is a popup dialog box asking if the check printed correctly. You can redo the print by clicking the NO button. But if you hastily clicked the YES button then the check can be voided at any time before the check has cleared at headquarters. Voiding is done by going to the Expenses Summary tab, clicking the reference number (the check number for checks), and then clicking the Void button, You will get a list of conditions, just as you did in MLS, under which the check can be voided.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rapplonie

Post by rapplonie »

If I’ve voided a check (check was lost and never cashed) in LCR finance, do I still need to notify church headquarters regarding the voided check or is the voiding process in LCR sufficient?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

rapplonie wrote:If I’ve voided a check (check was lost and never cashed) in LCR finance, do I still need to notify church headquarters regarding the voided check or is the voiding process in LCR sufficient?
The voiding process is sufficient now-a-days. I had one a few months ago. I voided it and then called GSC and when they checked it was already cancelled and they didn't have to do anything.
losjense

Post by losjense »

Does anyone know how to "unvoid" a check mistakenly voided in LCR or is this a SLC issue?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”