Can't edit or add anything.

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
fretbuzz

Can't edit or add anything.

Post by fretbuzz »

Everything worked fine last month when we thought we would be ambitious and keep a newsletter going.

Other than the title, now it seems we can't edit any previously posted, ongoing, threads, or post anything new but a title. Can't add anything to the body, can't upload photos, and so it goes. This is happening on multiple computers with multiple people.

It might be that the program isn't reading the correct permissions for publishers and administrators.

Tried it in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari ... nada.

Email me: garyh@infowest.com
strick

Re: Can't edit or add anything.

Post by strick »

I am having the same problem on Chrome using an iMac running current Mavericks OS. I am only able to create an article's title and select a category for the article. Perhaps this is just a temporary bug?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. It's like the text block for entering text isn't there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mcarson51

Body field will not appear.

Post by mcarson51 »

I'm able to populate the title field, but the body field is not there. There's no box to type anything into.
MarMar1955

Re: Body field will not appear.

Post by MarMar1955 »

I am having the same problem. I have not had any problems until today. I have tried Firefox and Chrome. Neither worked. Any solutions yet?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Body field will not appear.

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I merged the last two posts into an existing topic for this issue.]
MarMar1955 wrote:I am having the same problem. I have not had any problems until today. I have tried Firefox and Chrome. Neither worked. Any solutions yet?
I was able to duplicate this problem easily last night. This morning on a different computer it seemed to be working fine for me. But that was an artifact of the browser's cache, and didn't last long.

I have reported it to the developers.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I can't see any text entry box for the body, either.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
dant

Post by dant »

Ditto to all. Problem seems to have started Thursday, June 5. How can it be fixed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dant wrote:How can it be fixed?
It's been reported. We have to wait.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

Thanks for the heads up. We found the issue and hope to have it fixed in the next few minutes. Will update when we have new info.

Return to “Newsletter”