Disappearing past marriage

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
u0621104

Disappearing past marriage

Post by u0621104 »

I recently recorded the termination of a marriage (divorce) for a member, but now his record has no record of the marriage ever had happened. Is this "normal?" Should we still be able to see record of it or not?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Disappearing past marriage

Post by russellhltn »

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's correct. CHQ may have a more complete display that shows the history. But as far as the member's eternal progression (which is what the ward membership record is for), either they are married or they are not. Either they are sealed or they are not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

u0621104 wrote:I recently recorded the termination of a marriage (divorce) for a member, but now his record has no record of the marriage ever had happened. Is this "normal?" Should we still be able to see record of it or not?
MLS only shows the current marriage information for a member. Once you record the divorce and the change is transmitted to CMIS, the prior marriage is no longer displayed in MLS.
u0621104

Post by u0621104 »

thanks

Return to “Membership Help”