Calendar and Roles by Name

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sbridwell

Calendar and Roles by Name

Post by sbridwell »

Over a year ago, I created a stake calendar to be used by the ward executive secretaries to schedule ward temple recommend renewals. Since it was a stake calendar, I had to give each ward executive secretary edit permissions by name.

Sometime in the past week, the ward executive secretaries names are no longer associated to the calendar and I am not able to add them back as editors; only the stake positions are able to be added.

This was working really well as a shared calendar rather than using Google calendar as many people had wanted to do. I am a proponent of using the Church's software wherever possible to keep this type of information "inside". It really worked well to allow executive secretaries to be able to set the appointment times themselves on a shared calendar when the members completed their renewal interview with the bishopric.

Is this a bug or have some "rules" been enforced that were a hole before? Will this be fixed, or is there another suggestion for how to accomplish this type of functionality?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar and Roles by Name

Post by aebrown »

sbridwell wrote:Sometime in the past week, the ward executive secretaries names are no longer associated to the calendar and I am not able to add them back as editors; only the stake positions are able to be added.
I'm not sure how editors would disappear from a stake calendar; I certainly have not experienced that.

But in any case, I certainly can add any member of the stake over 12 as a calendar editor. When you say you are "not able to add them back as editors," what does that mean? When you select the "By Name" dropdown, do you not see your stake members over 12 on that list? Is it blank?
ehallmark

Post by ehallmark »

I have this same problem. I had a stake calendar that I was sharing with another member of the stake. I am leaving the stake so I removed myself from the calendar, which caused her to be removed too. I still have stake access though so I could see the calendar, and when I tried to add her name, I could pull it up and put it in the calendar, as normal. However, when I clicked the Save button, the calendar didn't save her name at all. As said before, positions will post fine. For instance, if I had a stake website administrator (which we don't), I could pull that up, save the Calendar, and it would save. So it seems like there is a problem with just the names.

Was there a recent update that may have disrupted calendar save settings?
sbridwell

Post by sbridwell »

I had eight people on the calendar by name. Now, I can add a person to the calendar by name as an view/edit member, but after I save the calendar and go back to the list of editors, the name has not been saved. I am clicking the save button at either top or bottom of the screen, not just the save button on the side.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbridwell wrote:I had eight people on the calendar by name. Now, I can add a person to the calendar by name as an view/edit member, but after I save the calendar and go back to the list of editors, the name has not been saved. I am clicking the save button at either top or bottom of the screen, not just the save button on the side.
So you click "add" and are able to add them to the list, but after you save, if you go back they're not added, right?

Just as a wild guess, try logging out and back in, or using another browser to look at the rights.

Also, what are your rights to the calendar? Are you a default admin?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sbridwell wrote:I had eight people on the calendar by name. Now, I can add a person to the calendar by name as an view/edit member, but after I save the calendar and go back to the list of editors, the name has not been saved. I am clicking the save button at either top or bottom of the screen, not just the save button on the side.
Thanks for providing the steps. When I was trying to duplicate this before, I was not actually saving changes. Now that I am doing that last step, I can indeed duplicate this. This problem must have been recently introduced, because it certainly used to work.

The webservice request payload seems to be correct (it contains the new editor's name and IndividualId), and the POST generates no errors, but the new editor is simply not saved. No amount of refreshing or looking on another browser can show them on the editor list.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've alerted the developers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
waden

Post by waden »

Thanks. This is kind of a big problem. I am encountering the same problem. Wade
waden

Post by waden »

I should add, it seems possible to add, as editors, stake leaders by name and position but not to add non-stake leaders by name. Wade
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

waden wrote:I should add, it seems possible to add, as editors, stake leaders by name and position but not to add non-stake leaders by name.
That explains why I had trouble duplicating it. I was trying to add myself to avoid sending confusing emails to people who had no idea what was going on.

Return to “Calendar”