How to send email to the HP's

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
werobbins

How to send email to the HP's

Post by werobbins »

Directory/Organization/High Priest/Email all/select all/can't find a way to copy to email!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to send email to the HP's

Post by russellhltn »

Yeah, there does seem to be something missing. In a windows machine, I can press ctrl-C and it copies it to the clipboard where I can paste it where it's needed. It looks like command-C does it for Macs.

Attempting to right-click causes the selection to be lost and there's no button for copy. So there doesn't seem to be a GUI way to do it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Yeah, there does seem to be something missing. In a windows machine, I can press ctrl-C and it copies it to the clipboard where I can paste it where it's needed. It looks like command-C does it for Macs.
This is the way it has worked for quite a while (ever since the feature was changed to stop trying to interface with the default mail client, which caused a variety of problems). It's your responsibility to copy the list of addresses to the clipboard. That's what the instructions say: "Copy/Paste recipients into your email client of choice from the recipient list below." So I don't see what's missing.
russellhltn wrote:Attempting to right-click causes the selection to be lost and there's no button for copy. So there doesn't seem to be a GUI way to do it.
In Firefox or IE11, a right-click works just fine -- when you right click over the selected addresses, you have the option for "Copy" which does indeed copy the list of addresses. But in Chrome, you're right -- a right click clears the selection.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:That's what the instructions say: "Copy/Paste recipients into your email client of choice from the recipient list below." So I don't see what's missing.
Oh, they're expecting us to read instructions??? ;)
Is there something that keeps them from implementing that as a button or something? It me a good interface is one that doesn't require one to read the instructions.

aebrown wrote:But in Chrome, you're right -- a right click clears the selection.
I was testing in IE11. So that's 1 for 3.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:I was testing in IE11. So that's 1 for 3.
Hmm. As I said, I tested in IE11 and it worked fine. So I was 2 for 3.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My error. I forgot my default for my work machine is Chrome. So it was Chrome that failed, not IE. IE works fine.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”