Discipline letter

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
llasater

Discipline letter

Post by llasater »

Where can I find the letter/form to be delivered to notify the member of the disciplinary council? Is it something I create? Is it in MLS? Any help would be great. Thanks.
eblood66

Re: Discipline letter

Post by eblood66 »

llasater wrote:Where can I find the letter/form to be delivered to notify the member of the disciplinary council? Is it something I create? Is it in MLS? Any help would be great. Thanks.
You have to create it yourself. However, the content is pretty specifically described in Handbook 1 section 6.10.2. It provides almost all of the wording needed.
llasater

Post by llasater »

Thanks. It also says I need to have the priesthood holders that deliver the letter need to sign a statement that it was delivered. Is this form in MLS or do they just sign a paper I create?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

llasater wrote:Thanks. It also says I need to have the priesthood holders that deliver the letter need to sign a statement that it was delivered. Is this form in MLS or do they just sign a paper I create?
There is no form in MLS. I've always just created a short statement and then had both priesthood holders sign it (usually myself and a bishopric member in order to keep the people involved to a minimum).
atbrandley

Re: Disciplinary Council

Post by atbrandley »

Hi,
I created a Disciplinary Council form for a lady in our ward.
But the result of the Bishopric Disciplinary Council was informal probation.
When I go to the form to type in "Decision of Council", Informal Probation is not an option.
How can I delete the report?
Now it says that it has been more than 30 days since the event, which is true.
But it won't let me send it to the bishop without first sending it as a decision of Formal Probation or worse.
Please help me.
Aaron Brandley, Ward Clerk
Lorin Farr 1st Ward (6777) Ogden Utah Lorin Farr Stake (502154)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Disciplinary Council

Post by aebrown »

atbrandley wrote:How can I delete the report?
I'd recommend that you call the Global Service Center for help. I doubt that anyone here on the Forum can help with this issue.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Have you looked in "Clerk Leadership Resources," "Membership," and "Actions in Progress" on LDS.org, not in MLS?

I seem to remember that in the "options" column you can cancel the report. Perhaps the bishop can but you can't?

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”