High Councilor assignments

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
drepouille

High Councilor assignments

Post by drepouille »

I am not aware of any place in MLS, CDOL, or L&CR where I can record high councilor assignments. Our Area Church Service Missionary office is asking me to indicate in CDOL which high councilor is our Church Service Missionary coordinator. I have no idea how to do that.

I can "Edit Assignment" in CDOL, and I see a tab for "Other Assignments". However, that interface in CDOL is giving me the spinner of death today, so I will have to try again tomorrow.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Re: High Councilor assignments

Post by drepouille »

I found this in https://tech.lds.org/wiki/CDOL_Procedures

"If other changes need to be made, those changes should be sent either through MLS (such as an assignment change) or submitted to Church headquarters by using the e-mail address oiservices@ldschurch.org or by clicking the Feedback link in the top right corner of CDOL. "

I can't believe that my Area CSM office wants me to do that, but I could be wrong.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I take it you've searched for callings in MLS and haven't found anything? That's the only thing I can think of.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

When our stake first got involved with the online CSM system, our area CSM coordinators required us to enter the high councilor over CSM assignments into MLS as an Assistant Stake Clerk. I complained mightily, but we were assured that it was the only way.

When that assignment changed recently to a different high councilor, he just communicated with the area CSM coordinators and they somehow entered them into their system. I don't know how that was done, but I do know that we didn't have to enter in MLS as an Assistant Stake Clerk this time around, for which I am grateful.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I haven't made it to the stake center yet, but I did search the callings listed in L&CR under Callings by Organization.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I believe that they have to be entered in as a High Councilor in CDOL and then the online CSM system can now pull them in. (I complained too when I had to add the first one in as an Assistant Stake Clerk, so I'm glad they actually changed it.)

To get them into CDOL as a High Councilor currently you have to use the Stake MLS.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”