Member requesting her address to be kept private

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jasondavie

Member requesting her address to be kept private

Post by jasondavie »

Hi Guys,

I have a member in my ward who is moving this week to a new ward. She has asked me if it is possible to keep her new address 'private' or 'silent' so that no one can see it on any church computer or anywhere else.
She is concerned about certain people learning where she lives and would like to prevent this. If it is published on any kind of church program such as MLS, it is likely to be inadvertently given out to one of these people if they ask a clerk or someone else for the address.
Could someone please advise me on this or point me to the correct section in the handbook which deals with this issue?
Cheers,
Jason.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member requesting her address to be kept private

Post by russellhltn »

The best that I know of is to go into the directory and set her privacy settings to "leadership only".

Beyond that, the only thing is to not record her address at all. But I don't know as the new ward is going to go along with that.

Otherwise, I think your best bet is to call Local Unit Support on Monday and see what they suggest. I took a quick look at the Handbook and didn't see anything, unless you want to count Handbook 1: 13.6.23 "Special Situations" which basically says call CHQ or Area Office.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Member requesting her address to be kept private

Post by sbradshaw »

You might call the clerk in the ward where she's moving and let him know the situation. He can help make sure the address isn't given out to anyone outside the bishopric without permission from the member.

Return to “Membership Help”