Scriptures

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
joanneevanswebster

Scriptures

Post by joanneevanswebster »

I'm not sure I'm in the right forum to ask this, been difficult to search out a source for help. I recently transferred apps to a new ipad. All but my scriptures transferred fine, including my LDS tools (hymns, PMG, etc). When going to the scriptures it was just blank. I searched for help in trying to refresh the app to no avail. Thinking the information was backed up because when I've upgraded it as always transferred over. Not this time, so I reloaded it, losing all my tags, bookmarks, markings, from years of study. Is there any way to retrieve them? Just heart sick about losing thoughts marked.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Scriptures

Post by aebrown »

joanneevanswebster wrote:I'm not sure I'm in the right forum to ask this, been difficult to search out a source for help. I recently transferred apps to a new ipad. All but my scriptures transferred fine, including my LDS tools (hymns, PMG, etc). When going to the scriptures it was just blank. I searched for help in trying to refresh the app to no avail. Thinking the information was backed up because when I've upgraded it as always transferred over. Not this time, so I reloaded it, losing all my tags, bookmarks, markings, from years of study. Is there any way to retrieve them? Just heart sick about losing thoughts marked.
Have you looked on the Notes feature on LDS.org (use the Sign In/Tools menu in the upper right corner of LDS.org)? If your previous installations of Gospel Library on your iPad were properly configured, then all your annotations should have synced to LDS.org. If you see them there, then you can rest assured that the notes all still exist, and the only challenge is making sure that you configure your new iPad to also sync properly to LDS.org.
joanneevanswebster

Re: Scriptures

Post by joanneevanswebster »

Thank you so much!! I'm going to give that a try!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”