Worldwide Leadership Download on Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
jdlyda

Worldwide Leadership Download on Android

Post by jdlyda »

There is a 32.6 KB compressed download for the Worldwide Leadership Training that will not download. This has been going on for months. Can you fix?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Worldwide Leadership Download on Android 4.4.2

Post by aebrown »

jdlyda wrote:There is a 32.6 KB compressed download for the Worldwide Leadership Training that will not download. This has been going on for months. Can you fix?
Which download are you talking about? The only "Worldwide Leadership Training" that I see on my Android Gospel Library is Library > Leadership > 2012 Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting. I am able to download and read that particular item with no problems. I'm running Android 4.4.2 as well.

Could you be more specific about what "will not download" means? Do you see error messages? What remedial steps have you tried?
rjcluff

An error occurred while downloading "Worldwide Leadership Tr

Post by rjcluff »

Attempted to download the Worldwide Leadership Training in the Videos section of the app, and got this message: An error occurred while downloading "Worldwide Leadership Training". I attempted it again and the status at the top of my phone briefly showed "Downloading...", but it didn't download. So I downloaded other videos then tried the Training download again later and got the same results. (Samsung Galaxy S4)
jgreep

Post by jgreep »

I have the same problem. I get "Error downloading Worldwide Leadership Training" every time I open the app or refresh the catalog. I've tried deleting everything from the leadership catalog, but I still get the error. Is there a way to reset the database? Maybe the 2012 Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting used to be called just Worldwide Leadership Training and the rename went funny.
jgreep

Post by jgreep »

It looks like it's coming from the Videos library. If I subscribe, then unsubscribe, or do a remove all, I still get the same problem.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: An error occurred while downloading "Worldwide Leadershi

Post by lajackson »

Almost every time I start GL, it attempts to download and I get the same error message:

"An error occurred while downloading 'Leadership Training Library'".

I sent feedback through the app to the developers but there has been no response. I wonder if they cannot duplicate the problem or if they just don't know what to do about it.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:Almost every time I start GL, it attempts to download and I get the same error message:

[Moderator note: I merged the recent posts on this issue into the existing topic.]
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aebrown wrote:
lajackson wrote:Almost every time I start GL, it attempts to download and I get the same error message:

[Moderator note: I merged the recent posts on this issue into the existing topic.]
No problem. I am using Android 4.1.2 if that has a bearing on the situation.
rjcluff

Post by rjcluff »

aebrown wrote:

It's found in Library > Videos > Worldwide Leadership Training. It sounds like user lajackson might be downloading something different from the rest of the users in this topic. The error message everyone else gets is "An error occurred while downloading 'Worldwide Leadership Training'". Not to disregard lajackson's issue, or that it isn't perhaps related, but I thought I'd point out that the error message is different from the others here.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rjcluff wrote:It sounds like user lajackson might be downloading something different from the rest of the users in this topic.
That is correct. I am not attempting to download anything from Worldwide Leadership Training.

I get the Leadership Training Library error message each day as I start up GL and it tries to download something on its own. I suppose it is possible that the root cause of the problem is the same, however. But until I hear something one way or the other, I am in the dark.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”