Wrong Ordination

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
skcrowther

Wrong Ordination

Post by skcrowther »

We have a member in our ward that shows up as a High Priest as of 30 Mar 2014, but the member is still an Elder. How do I fix this and who do I notify of the mistake?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Wrong Ordination

Post by aebrown »

skcrowther wrote:We have a member in our ward that shows up as a High Priest as of 30 Mar 2014, but the member is still an Elder. How do I fix this and who do I notify of the mistake?
The stake clerk is responsible for recording priesthood ordinations and can fix any errors that may have been made. Chances are good that he or one of his assistants attached an ordination to the wrong person. In any case, I'd recommend you start with him.
skcrowther

Re: Wrong Ordination

Post by skcrowther »

Thanks for the reply. Our Stake Clerk just said to delete the ordinance and that would take care of it. I just felt like there should be a little more done as in notifying those who entered it because our Stake Clerk didn't know anything about it. Thanks again.

Return to “Membership Help”