Web Site Administrator problem

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
tootels

Web Site Administrator problem

Post by tootels »

When I send out a message to our Stake, members who do not belong to our Stake are somehow added to the list when the message goes out. They are not always even attached to the same wards. I have used gmail also hot mail. any suggestions
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Web Site Administrator problem

Post by russellhltn »

What are you using the send the message? The calendar has a issue in that members that move out need to visit the calendar subscription page to reset their subscription.

If it's via another tool, are you sure their membership records have moved out of the stake?

The last thought, it's possible that someone signed up with a wrong email address, so somehow the email has changed and is no longer associated with that member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tootels

Post by tootels »

I have sent the stake messages out using gmail, Hotmail and Thunderbird. gmail is the only one that lets me send all of my six wards out the same day. (one Ward at a time). When I go into the ward and bring up the membership list and highlight it, two names come up that have never lived in my Stake. Sometimes they come in one Ward and another time in another Ward. But if I just go do a search they don't show up. The Ward clerks say they have never lived in the Wards. I search the wiki and did not find help I needed.

The e-mail is correct for the members, they just don't live in our Stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What tool are you using to send?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:What tool are you using to send?
It sounds like he's using the online Member List (Leader/Clerk Resources?), and just selecting, copying, and pasting the email addresses from there into an email program. So, a member who is not currently in his stake is showing up on the member list.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:It sounds like he's using the online Member List (Leader/Clerk Resources?),
That's what I'd like to confirm. You know what they say about "assume". ;) I can't forward any kind of bug report without knowing that.

tootels, it sounds like you know who these members are. Being able to make any connection would be helpful. While the wards may say they've never been a member, it's possible they were moved into the ward and then immediately moved out again. Any clues would help the developers know where to look.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sbradshaw wrote:It sounds like he's using the online Member List (Leader/Clerk Resources?), and just selecting, copying, and pasting the email addresses from there into an email program. So, a member who is not currently in his stake is showing up on the member list.
I'd love to hear back from him. To me, it doesn't sound at all like Leader and Clerk Resources. It sounds very much like the Directory; that's the only tool that actually depends on your own email client to send the email. The post said "I have sent the stake messages out using gmail, Hotmail and Thunderbird." There's no way on LCR that I know of that allows you to copy email addresses (except one by one), whereas the Directory makes it very easy.
tootels

Post by tootels »

I am not a clerk, I am a sister who has the calling of Stake Web. Admin. Have been doing it since it first started. yes, I copy and paste. And the one member who keeps receiving the e-mails lives in Northern Calif. Has never lived in So. Calif. And I still don't understand why his name shows up sometimes in one Ward then another time shows up in another wards directory. For now I go in copy the names put then in Word and when I find their names I delete them then copy and past the names from there into my e-mail and send it out. Lot more work but that way they have not received the e-mails. Thanks for helping me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tootels wrote:I am not a clerk, I am a sister who has the calling of Stake Web. Admin.
So to confirm, you are getting the emails by going to the Directory, Ward Organizations, Adults, and the clicking "Email all Adults"? If not, what are the steps you are using?

tootels

Post by tootels »

Yes that is how I do it. And the two names show up after I click "email all adults" before I even copy and paste to my gmail site. As I mentioned before the names usually show up in one particular Ward but sometimes they show up in a different ward.
I have search Wiki and found no help for this matter.

Return to “Main Church Website”