Calendar Scheduling Problems

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cowvet

Calendar Scheduling Problems

Post by cowvet »

We have not been able to add any reservations that require a location other than "no location" since about May 15th to today, May 18th. Several different members of the Stake Presidency have tried with no success. Firefox, Chrome, Explorer and Safari have been tried with no success. Any one else experiencing these issues right now?
dshep2020

Re: Calendar Scheduling Problems

Post by dshep2020 »

I have been able to schedule location with no issues during the times you indicated. Has someone changed permissions to your calendars or modified locations?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

what happens? Eternal spinner or an error message? If error what is the message? Is this just with one building, or all buildings in your stake?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cowvet

Post by cowvet »

I have done some more research on this to try to figure it out. This is what I have discovered so far:
It effects two of the buildings in the Stake which I set up with "blocked - location unavailable" for the weekends. It was decided that only the building scheduler would be allowed to schedule events on those days. I am also the scheduler for both the buildings. Before the 15th of May, I could schedule events on those days with those restrictions in place in both buildings. Since then when attempting to schedule all you see is the eternal spinner of death.
I have removed the restriction "blocked - location unavailable" on some weekends to test and it does allow scheduling on those days now.
It appears something has changed where before a building scheduler could place an event on days and times blocked at a building and now that does not work.
So now I wonder, if what I have found by experimenting that schedulers can no longer create events during times and days blocked, what is the best procedure to restrict a building on specific days so only the scheduler can create events then?
cowvet

Post by cowvet »

One other interesting bit of information, when I try to create a restriction using blocked on days such as Wednesday's for our Stake offices, I receive an error message as follows:

Message from Webpage
Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later.

However, if I can create a blocked restriction for Saturday and Sundays with out problems.
Not sure what to make of this error message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cowvet wrote:One other interesting bit of information, when I try to create a restriction using blocked on days such as Wednesday's for our Stake offices, I receive an error message as follows:

Message from Webpage
Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later.

However, if I can create a blocked restriction for Saturday and Sundays with out problems.
Not sure what to make of this error message.
At this point, I think that's a different problem, but not sure as to the cause. Could it be because of something scheduled for those rooms on Wednesday?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cowvet wrote:It appears something has changed where before a building scheduler could place an event on days and times blocked at a building and now that does not work.
I've received word back that being able to schedule over a Restriction was considered a bug and has been fixed. If you change the restriction to a unit and attempt to schedule over it, you get a error message. I have reported the eternal spinner in the case of "blocked" as a bug.

cowvet wrote:what is the best procedure to restrict a building on specific days so only the scheduler can create events then?
It seems now that was never an intended functionality of the calendar system. Keep in mind that in order to work properly, each unit must be able to schedule their own events. Having the building scheduler do it, even if it's only for weekends, isn't going to work out too well. All I can suggest is "letting go" and have the units call you to referee if there is a problem. It's either that or control them by setting restrictions and modifying them as needed.

jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

So what exactly is happening do the buildings not show up or you can select them and you get a error when saving the event?
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

Jeffevanelson: I am the executive secretary, therefore a default administrator and have assigned myself, in the system, as the building scheduler for our stake center. Up until a few weeks ago I have been able to restrict rooms and schedule rooms when creating events on one of the stake calendars. A couple of weeks ago that changed. I can only create an event on a stake calendar that uses "no location". The names of the buildings and rooms show up in the selection box. If I add a room(or building) to the reservation, I get a spinning wheel and the event is not "saved". If I go to the restriction calendar, I cannot restrict the room or building. All I see is the spinning wheel. It doesn't matter if I use FireFox or Chrome-same result. Like I said, I have been doing this since the new functions were available on lds.org. Something in the last couple of weeks has changed and it is not my computer or browser or rights.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

davidrichey wrote:Jeffevanelson: I am the executive secretary, therefore a default administrator and have assigned myself, in the system, as the building scheduler for our stake center. Up until a few weeks ago I have been able to restrict rooms and schedule rooms when creating events on one of the stake calendars. A couple of weeks ago that changed. I can only create an event on a stake calendar that uses "no location". The names of the buildings and rooms show up in the selection box. If I add a room(or building) to the reservation, I get a spinning wheel and the event is not "saved". If I go to the restriction calendar, I cannot restrict the room or building. All I see is the spinning wheel. It doesn't matter if I use FireFox or Chrome-same result. Like I said, I have been doing this since the new functions were available on lds.org. Something in the last couple of weeks has changed and it is not my computer or browser or rights.
i sent you a private PM to get your info.

Return to “Calendar”