Children not showing up on LDS Tools app

krismc

Children not showing up on LDS Tools app

Post by krismc »

I have searched for this issue and cannot find it posted.

I have a new couple that was baptized on separate dates. In MLS, their children are listed on their membership records. When we look up their records on the LDS Tools app, no children are listed. The children have MRN listed on the parents' member records. I have checked the privacy settings on LDS.org and don't see anything that allows you to hide children, but maybe I am missing something.

I need to be able to see these children listed on their record while using the LDS Tools app. One of these children will be baptized soon, as he is turning 8.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Children not showing up on LDS Tools app

Post by aebrown »

krismc wrote:I have a new couple that was baptized on separate dates. In MLS, their children are listed on their membership records. When we look up their records on the LDS Tools app, no children are listed. The children have MRN listed on the parents' member records. I have checked the privacy settings on LDS.org and don't see anything that allows you to hide children, but maybe I am missing something.

I need to be able to see these children listed on their record while using the LDS Tools app. One of these children will be baptized soon, as he is turning 8.
There are two ways in MLS that a child can be "listed on their membership records":
  • On the Children tab on the father and/or mother's individual record. This simply means that the child is a biological or legally adopted child. That child may not be a member of the ward, or even of the Church, and could even be deceased.
  • In the Household Members tab of the individual record (or the same information can be seen on the Household Record). This means that a person is actually a member of the ward and is a member of that household. They might not be a child or even a relative.
If you're talking about the first situation, then you need to create Child of Record membership records for the children under 8.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:On the Children tab on the father and/or mother's individual record. This simply means that the child is a biological or legally adopted child. That child may not be a member of the ward, or even of the Church, and could even be deceased.
In this situation, the childress will not appear anywhere except on the parents individual record. They will not appear in the household, the directory (MLS or on-line), nor LDS Tools.

aebrown wrote:In the Household Members tab of the individual record (or the same information can be seen on the Household Record). This means that a person is actually a member of the ward and is a member of that household. They might not be a child or even a relative.
In this situation, they should appear in LDS Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeffreyb84065

Post by jeffreyb84065 »

I am noticing children appear in LDS tools for my home ward, but NOT for other wards in the stake. Is that the way it is set up?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeffreyb84065 wrote:I am noticing children appear in LDS tools for my home ward, but NOT for other wards in the stake. Is that the way it is set up?
That is by design.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Mobile Applications”