Blogger - with info about New Family Search

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
dlongmore

Blogger - with info about New Family Search

Post by dlongmore »

I thought others might be interested in this link. It is Renee Zamora genealogy blog. Her blog "Multiple FamilySearch Beta Test Email" on 10-Feb-2007 indicates that she is someone who as able to provide insight on what is happening with progress on the "New Family Search" project.
http://rzamor1.livejournal.com/
Roger-p40

beta2

Post by Roger-p40 »

The problem with posting information and answering questions revolves around the fact that this is a beta test. I feel uneasy about discussing this with out prior approval. Maybe someone can help with this.

Roger
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Roger wrote:The problem with posting information and answering questions revolves around the fact that this is a beta test. I feel uneasy about discussing this with out prior approval. Maybe someone can help with this.

Roger
I'm not familiar with the beta test program that the Family & Church History department is engaged with. However I highly recommend that anyone on a beta test program review their obligations and make sure that they abide by whatever policies they may have agreed to.

Tom
dlongmore

Please do not break any obligations

Post by dlongmore »

I sincerely agree with Tom. Do not in anyway break an obligation that you have made. I also want say that having the idea of this forum is something I looked forward too immensely. In practice it has been somewhat disappointing. For this simple reason. There seem to be policy constraints in place that are preventing a free flow of information. I do not view myself as a prying person. It maybe best if I back off from giving my input in fear that I am treading on thin ice by asking. Someone please inform me if I am incorrect.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

dlongmore wrote:I sincerely agree with Tom. Do not in anyway break an obligation that you have made. I also want say that having the idea of this forum is something I looked forward too immensely. In practice it has been somewhat disappointing. For this simple reason. There seem to be policy constraints in place that are preventing a free flow of information. I do not view myself as a prying person. It maybe best if I back off from giving my input in fear that I am treading on thin ice by asking. Someone please inform me if I am incorrect.
I do not know what the restrictions are with the beta being conducted by the FCH department. I just wanted to make sure that people make sure that they understand what their obligations are before they share information.

As far as this Web site beta...share all you want ;)

Tom
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

dlongmore wrote:I sincerely agree with Tom. Do not in anyway break an obligation that you have made. I also want say that having the idea of this forum is something I looked forward too immensely. In practice it has been somewhat disappointing. For this simple reason. There seem to be policy constraints in place that are preventing a free flow of information. I do not view myself as a prying person. It maybe best if I back off from giving my input in fear that I am treading on thin ice by asking. Someone please inform me if I am incorrect.
Here's my perspective:

This is a Church website. Any page on a Church website could be considered endorsed and sponsored by the Church, these forums included. We do not want visitors to this site (member and non-member) to take people's comments as official policy or doctrine.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

FYI, the blogger in question is also a member of this forum using the same name. From what I've read in the past, I do believe she seeks permission on posting, or at least has in the past. I'll let her address this specific issue.

Return to “Family History”