Videos

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
wiremub33

Videos

Post by wiremub33 »

Hey guys
I'm having some problems accessing videos through most of the sits in the lds.org network. For example, if I am studying a lesson and there is an associated video clip I want to view or use I am unable to play it for some reason.
Now, this has been at home on my PC and Laptop, using Windows 7 with the latest updates and appropriate software included on IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome or Safari. I can access video feeds through news websites and can watch videos on you-tube, and other sides but not these ones. sometimes even watching old conference talks through the LDS.org website though can watch through youtube.

I am going to check with my ISP but wonder if you have any thoughts there.

Wiremu Bayliss.
gregwanderson

Re: Videos

Post by gregwanderson »

Can you be more specific? What happens when you try to watch? Is there a blank area where the video is supposed to be? Does the video appear to start and then freeze? Any other details would help us figure out the problem.
mozaida

Post by mozaida »

For me, I get a blank area where the video should be, but this only happens on Chrome on my Mac. Everything works fine on Chrome on my iPad, though. Help?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure, but I think the videos are based on a flash player. At least that's what looking at them using Chrome on a PC looks like.

Is there anything about Chrome on a Mac that is disabled (security)? Or perhaps you don't have flash installed? (I know Chrome on the PC has an internal install of Flash.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mozaida

Post by mozaida »

My Flash player was up to date, but I updated it anyway. Alas, it made no difference. Do you know where I can find the security settings you're talking about? Thanks!

Return to “Main Church Website”