Some Liahona issues won't download

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
lagosta

Some Liahona issues won't download

Post by lagosta »

After upgrading to version 2.3.1.3 of Gospel Library for Android, there are four issues of the Liahona that will not download. As a troubleshooting step, I completely removed the whole library and re-downloaded everything. Here are the four issues that give a download error:

October, November, and December 1987
February 1985
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

This is a known issue on the content server and will hopefully be fixed soon.
Jason Hyer
dammonburden

Post by dammonburden »

lagosta wrote:After upgrading to version 2.3.1.3 of Gospel Library for Android, there are four issues of the Liahona that will not download. As a troubleshooting step, I completely removed the whole library and re-downloaded everything. Here are the four issues that give a download error:

October, November, and December 1987
February 1985

Notice, these do not show up on LDS.org either... example https://www.lds.org/liahona/1987/11?lang=eng
steflhelenmariefranks1

Re: Some Liahona issues won't download

Post by steflhelenmariefranks1 »

I have the same problem. I made it worse by removing all issues. When I tried to redownload all issues I could not download the same four issues mentioned in the earlier post. Prior to removing all issues it was only the upgrades which would not load. When might this issue be fixed?
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

This should no longer be an issue. All content in English that is listed as available in the catalog as of right now should now download or update.
Jason Hyer
AndrewGrierson

Post by AndrewGrierson »

Still cannot download october, November, and December 1987 liahona issues. Tried deleting all liahona issues and that did not help. Maybe a full uninstall and reinstall would help. Don't really want to do that, though.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

FWIW, I can confirm the problem. The following issues will not download for me:
* Feb.-Mar. 1985
* October 1987
* November 1987
* December 1987

...and, strangely, "Liahona" moved from "Magazines" to "Scriptures"...

Liz
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I tested Dec 1987. It appears the content *is* "This issue is not available for the database". That is, I can see 10 months in 1987 that's available for download (January and July are missing) . December is available and appears to download, but is very fast. And when opened I get the message. It's almost like "This page intentionally left blank".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”