Missionary Online Recommendation System Update Suggestion

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
derraleves-p40

Missionary Online Recommendation System Update Suggestion

Post by derraleves-p40 »

I've tried to submit a couples missionary application to headquarters using the Missionary Online Recommendation System (MORS), and I've encountered an issue.

This Couple will be living at home while serving in the mission where they reside. They filled out the missionary app on the MORS, and I submited it to the stake. The stake sat on it for 3 weeks because they didn't know what to do about medical. So, I called and talked to Brother Seely at the Missionary Department and he told me to instruct the stake to put in bogus information in the medical because they didn't need medical forms for live at home missionaries. We also put LIVE AT HOME in the comments section of the Bishop and Stake President. The Stake did what was suggested and the couple recieved a phone call from the missionary department saying that the medical forms were not looking right.

My suggestion would be when you initiate a new recommendation on MORS, that there is an additional type of candidate that will be listed. Couple (Living at Home) This would not have any required medical forms to be filled out and sent. This would save time for the couple, the stake, and the Missionary Department.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

Our stake found another problem with the missionary online system. We had an elderly couple who were submitting paperwork for their mission. We had no problems until we got to the dental section for the brother. He wears dentures so no need for him to get a dental exam to complete the forms. However, you can't leave the dental section blank or it won't go forward. I called CHQ and the answer I got was just have the dentist be the member. Strange way of doing business.....perhaps this is another tweek that needs to be done for the missionary forms.

Who would we submit items like this to for proposed changes to the forms?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Pilotfly wrote:Our stake found another problem with the missionary online system. We had an elderly couple who were submitting paperwork for their mission. We had no problems until we got to the dental section for the brother. He wears dentures so no need for him to get a dental exam to complete the forms. However, you can't leave the dental section blank or it won't go forward. I called CHQ and the answer I got was just have the dentist be the member. Strange way of doing business.....perhaps this is another tweek that needs to be done for the missionary forms.

Who would we submit items like this to for proposed changes to the forms?
I'll forward this thread to the missionary department for their review.

Tom

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”