How can SA events be seen by all in a four stake metro area

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
TFyock

How can SA events be seen by all in a four stake metro area

Post by TFyock »

I am a Single Adult Rep and our metro SA committee covers four stakes with around 2000 SA on the Church records :) . We continually have problems with event announcements and building scheduling in our metro area because we need to have a rep for each stake enter in the exact same announcement or check for building availability and report results back to the SA committee (causes big delays) :( . Then there is the problem where each stake's SA cannot see the other stakes SA events so it is possible for 75% of metro SA not to hear about a SA event in other stakes :mad: . I would like to see the ability to at least unify and see into other stake's SA calendars and building schedules to facilitate SA planning. Since we are on the subject. I would like to also like to be able to make an email list or group on LDS.org of around 1000+ SAs in our metro area and other nearby cities to distribute events, announcements, updates, and SA committee news. Because of the ubiquitous nature of SA members, we need the ability to throw a wide net larger than our stake to serve all the SA in our metro area of 600K+ that is near by a 1.5M+ metropolis.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How can SA events be seen by all in a four stake metro a

Post by russellhltn »

The solution would be if there was a regional calendar. I'm not sure as that's supported. Your best bet would be to take it up with the Area Authority. Until then, I'm afraid you're stuck with each stake putting the same event on each of their calendars.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:The solution would be if there was a regional calendar. I'm not sure as that's supported. Your best bet would be to take it up with the Area Authority. Until then, I'm afraid you're stuck with each stake putting the same event on each of their calendars.
It might be possible you could be added with an out-of-unit calling in each stake. That should give you access to the stake calendars in each stake. But the calling has to be a standard calling (possibly Stake Single Adult Representative).

It would have to be done in each stake and any changes in the position would require removing and creating out-of-unit records in each stake so it's definitely not a low-maintenance solution.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:It might be possible you could be added with an out-of-unit calling in each stake.
Maybe. I'm not sure as the system supports multiple out-of-unit entries for one person.

It also means that each event still has to be entered on each stake calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”