Chromecast

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
mahoneyjn

Chromecast

Post by mahoneyjn »

Let me be the first to note how cool this would be if it supports chromecast. That would solve so many of the connectivity issues that happen in our meetinghouses. Imagine a class where everyone could display what the read in their personal scripture study or what they got out of the lesson for everyone else to see!

It might not be as practical for the mormon channel app. You would probably run into bandwidth issues but it would still be a good option.
jasonhyer

Re: Chromecast

Post by jasonhyer »

The developers are looking at it. If they do implement it, we probably won't see it until late this year or early next because of the work already scheduled. I do agree that it would be nice for showing video content in meetinghouses without congesting the network as long as we get our TV's updated so we can plug in an HDMI and USB device. Our FM group was told to push back placement of new TV's in our area because of the budget.
Jason Hyer
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

FYI, there is another thread with discussion about Chromecast and whether it is suitable for meetinghouse use.
walter.ward

Post by walter.ward »

I agree that Chromecast would be great to have for use in church buildings. I would also add that it would be fantastic for me as a seminary teacher who teaches at home. I would love to be able to send pictures, videos, or quotes to the TV without being constrained by chords. All my students use the gospel library and it would also allow them to share. Hope to see this soon.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

We've discussed in other threads that Chromecast's security seems non-existent. It might not be a smart idea to use it at church.

But that's not to say we shouldn't add it to GL. Just urging caution about some of the suggested uses.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
MatthewGarbett

Post by MatthewGarbett »

I would say even if it's not used in meeting houses that it should be an implemented feature for home use. Being able to watch all the videos and listen to scriptures as a family on the Chromecast would be very helpful for fhe and family scripture study.
MatthewGarbett

Post by MatthewGarbett »

Chromecast support in the latest alpha works very well for videos however it would be awesome if it was also supported for audio only reading of the scriptures since it already can read all the verses sending it typo the Chromecast should be pretty easy. Anyways keep up the amazing work um also happy to see immersion mode make it in the latest build.
richalger

Post by richalger »

Please add support to cast the screen using Google Cast and / or Roku
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

richalger wrote:Please add support to cast the screen using Google Cast and / or Roku
Android Gospel Library already does support screen casting for video, and you can use device mirroring to cast the audio using Google Cast.
jellybean13

Post by jellybean13 »

Same Problem with my motoZ

Return to “Android Gospel Library”