Email not showing in Ward Organizations > Relief Society

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
williamjackson

Email not showing in Ward Organizations > Relief Society

Post by williamjackson »

A sister in my ward brought this problem to me attention. In Ward Organizations > Relief Society, she shows in the list with her household email address instead of her individual email address.

I tried a few different things:
  • No household and no individual email address = no email address in Relief Society list
  • No household and yes individual email address = no email address in Relief Society list
  • Yes household and no individual email address = household email address in Relief Society list
  • Yes household and yes individual email address = household email address in Relief Society list
I tried the same exercise with my wife, and the Relief Society list correctly shows her individual email address when it is set. This only seems to affect one sister, though I have not made an exhaustive check of the list.

The next thing I was going to try was to have the sister check the email address(es) on her LDS Account to see if that has anything to do with it, but I have not done that yet.
eblood66

Re: Email not showing in Ward Organizations > Relief Society

Post by eblood66 »

williamjackson wrote:A sister in my ward brought this problem to me attention. In Ward Organizations > Relief Society, she shows in the list with her household email address instead of her individual email address.

I tried a few different things:
  • No household and no individual email address = no email address in Relief Society list
  • No household and yes individual email address = no email address in Relief Society list
  • Yes household and no individual email address = household email address in Relief Society list
  • Yes household and yes individual email address = household email address in Relief Society list
I tried the same exercise with my wife, and the Relief Society list correctly shows her individual email address when it is set. This only seems to affect one sister, though I have not made an exhaustive check of the list.

The next thing I was going to try was to have the sister check the email address(es) on her LDS Account to see if that has anything to do with it, but I have not done that yet.
Did you check the privacy settings for the individual email?
williamjackson

Re: Email not showing in Ward Organizations > Relief Society

Post by williamjackson »

eblood66 wrote:Did you check the privacy settings for the individual email?
That was the problem. Her individual email address was set to Private - Leadership Only.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”