scheduling more than one event in the building

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dnewell

scheduling more than one event in the building

Post by dnewell »

I schedule for a one ward building in Ardmore, Oklahoma, we are one ward in a 12 ward stake. I am unable to schedule in the calendar more than one event on an evening for an organization that wants to use the building. It the Primary wants to do "Arrow of Light" in the Cultural Hall, the YW would like to use the YW's room and the YM want to use part of the building also, there is a scheduling problem according to the calendar. It they all want the kitchen, it is a nightmare. I can only currently put one auxiliary down as in the building, the rest are listed as other. That is no real big deal, but it is nice for the parents to know where the young people are suppose to be. I use to be able to schedule rooms for each auxiliary, why can I not do that with this new calendar? I have looked at other posts for those in Utah and they appear to be able to do it. We out here in the mission field do not. Is there a reason our calendar does not work the same way? Granted we have no bathrooms, but at least the calendar should work!!!!!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: scheduling more than one event in the building

Post by aebrown »

It sounds to me like your events are scheduling the whole building, rather than particular rooms in the building. There could be two reasons for that: either the people creating events don't know how to use rooms and always check the box for "schedule entire location", or the stake calendar administrator didn't set up rooms within the location, which would mean that anyone creating an event would have only the option to book the entire location.

I'm guessing it's the latter problem, so you need to work with a stake calendar administrator (I'd recommend starting with the stake clerk) and ask him to set up rooms. Since he may not know the details of your building, it would be helpful if you would create a list of the rooms you need to schedule. There's a default list of standard rooms, but you might have needs peculiar to your building.
dnewell

Re: scheduling more than one event in the building

Post by dnewell »

Thank you so much, I knew there was an answer out there. I will get with the Stake Clerk and discuss the matter with him.

Return to “Calendar”