Disappearing journal entries

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mrs_hardy

Disappearing journal entries

Post by mrs_hardy »

I was typing a very long entry into my journal during my scripture study today and, while I was writing, I wanted to refer back to one of the verses that I was journaling about so I moved my cursor outside of the Journal box and began scrolling up. While doing so I decided that the Journal Box was in the way so I tried dragging it. This attempt didn't move it anywhere but it did highlight some areas of the Journal Box. So, in an attempt to remove this highlighting, I clicked outside of the Journal Box onto my scripture (LDS.org) page. As soon as I did this, my Journal Box completely disappeared. I tried opening it back up but it only gave me a new (and empty) Journal Box. I looked to see if the box was actually a separate window that had just hidden itself. I even tried going back to the previous screen. Nothing worked.
So the very long and irreplaceable journaling that I had done was gone. Just like that. Gone.

Is this normal? Could I have done something to get it back? Is there somewhere I can go, even now, to retrieve it?

I appreciate any help I can get and any course of action that the website tech's can do to keep this from happening to anyone else. Even just a prompt that says, "Would you like to save this page before leaving." So, so simple.
PamelaBonta

Re: Disappearing journal entries

Post by PamelaBonta »

Sometimes these items show up in the Unassigned Items folder in your Notes.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”