I can't edit the building locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
perryk

I can't edit the building locations

Post by perryk »

I am the stake website administrator. For the last few weeks I have not been able to edit the building locations of the buildings in my stake to update building scheduler information. Is this just happening to me or is this a problem with everyone? Is it a bug? When will it be fixed?

Thank you for your help.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: I can't edit the building locations

Post by jeffevannelson »

Stake Clerks can edit but website admins cannot.
perryk

Post by perryk »

Since when? I have always been able to in the past.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

"Stake Website Administrator" is listed as a default administrator, so I'd expect them to be able to edit locations.

I'd ask the stake clerk to check the CDOL to make sure you are still listed in that calling. You may still have edit rights to the calendars, but have lost administrator rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
perryk

Post by perryk »

If I am indicated correctly on MLS shouldn't I also be indicated correctly on CDOL? Don't these two programs work together?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

perryk wrote:If I am indicated correctly on MLS shouldn't I also be indicated correctly on CDOL? Don't these two programs work together?
That's the plan. Occasionally they are not completely in sync, which can in most cases be fixed by following the steps outlined in Correcting duplicate or missing callings.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

perryk wrote:If I am indicated correctly on MLS shouldn't I also be indicated correctly on CDOL? Don't these two programs work together?
They do, but:
1) You could have been put into a custom position of the same name. Custom positions do not confer any rights.
2) Sync failures between MLS and CDOL are not uncommon. The websites take their cues from CDOL. So checking CDOL is part of the troubleshooting process.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
perryk

Post by perryk »

I checked with my stake clerk and he shows on CDOL that I am indeed listed as the stake website administrator. Also, I appear correctly on the website directory as a website administrator. What else could be wrong?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

perryk wrote:I checked with my stake clerk and he shows on CDOL that I am indeed listed as the stake website administrator. Also, I appear correctly on the website directory as a website administrator. What else could be wrong?
You didn't mention whether your stake clerk verified that you are on CDOL with the standard calling of "Stake Website Administrator"; if by chance you have a custom calling with that name or a similar name, that would explain the lack of permissions.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

I was wrong saying stake website admins cannot edit buildings they can. It appears its not for every stake website admin but it might be specific to perryk. We are working finding out more.

Return to “Calendar”