Authorization issues

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
contreo

Authorization issues

Post by contreo »

Hi, I'm an assistant clerk in my unit and I'm having issues with MLS. My password lets me log into the system but when I'm doing donations and get to the part where it requires 2 people to authorize, it says I need to be either a clerk, assistant clerk or member of the branch presidency.
This issue started I believe, when there was an update to the program; when it moved from having a personal user name to using the calling as the user name.
The brother in charge of support in our stake has been trying to work with me but he finally told me I needed to contact Salt Lake for support.
We have a small branch so my help is needed, so I would like to resolve this as soon as possible.
Aby ideas how to solve it?
P.S. The password is correct.
eblood66

Re: Authorization issues

Post by eblood66 »

contreo wrote:Hi, I'm an assistant clerk in my unit and I'm having issues with MLS. My password lets me log into the system but when I'm doing donations and get to the part where it requires 2 people to authorize, it says I need to be either a clerk, assistant clerk or member of the branch presidency.
This issue started I believe, when there was an update to the program; when it moved from having a personal user name to using the calling as the user name.
That could be the problem. Whoever made that change shouldn't have. MLS logins should always be associated with an individual, not a calling. I don't have access to the relevant policy documents anymore but that isn't allowed by policy. It may also be causing this problem. The login has to be associated with a user who has one of those callings in order to authorize a a batch.

I'd suggest having the MLS administrator (probably the branch clerk) create a new MLS account just for you which is linked to your record. Then make sure your calling is recorded using the correct standard calling. And note that the Assistant Branch Clerk--Membership calling can't authorize batches.
contreo

Post by contreo »

OK, I will talk to him. Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I can't find anything stronger than "should be", but you can find it here under Step #4, Adding Users: Maintain MLS User Access
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”