New ward can't print checks

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dcaldous

New ward can't print checks

Post by dcaldous »

I'm a new ward clerk in a newly created ward. I'm trying to print a check to distribute fast offering funds and it isn't working.
I have entered the expense and I'm never given an option to print the check off.
Has anyone else dealt with something like this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New ward can't print checks

Post by russellhltn »

How new is the ward? The setup might not be complete.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dcaldous wrote:I'm a new ward clerk in a newly created ward. I'm trying to print a check to distribute fast offering funds and it isn't working.
I have entered the expense and I'm never given an option to print the check off.
Two things. First, after you entered the expense, did you check the box to show you wanted to print the check?

Second, look under System Options. There is a check setting there that must be selected. Usually it defaults to be able to print checks, but something may be different for you.

And if that does not work, call the Global Service Center.
dcaldous

Post by dcaldous »

The ward is a month old.
There was no box to check. The stake financial clerk went over it with me and couldn't find the option either.
I'll call Salt lake today.
Thanks
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Under System Options | Finance there is a Print Checks option
jhardy355

Post by jhardy355 »

This same thing happened to me and we are not a new ward. I think when there is a software update the Print Checks option becomes unchecked. As jonesrk said you have to go to "Systems Options" on the front page, then Finances, then check the "Print Checks" box, then click on "Save" button.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”