"Change Membership Status" Error

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
David.K.Griffin
Banned

"Change Membership Status" Error

Post by David.K.Griffin »

When I log into my LDS account, and then go to my Profile Information, and in the left column I select "Membership".... I get the following error:

"You have stated that you are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Change Membership Status."

but when i click on "Change Membership Status", nothing happens.. Same Results in both Firefox and IE11

First of all, I have never stated that I am not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints..

this is just a pretty rude message to have staring you in the face

there may be a remote possibility that years ago when I first opened the account, that I didnt have my Membership Record Number on me, and may have done something to try and click past that.. but even that is doubtful

I've been a member my entire life

I currently hold an office in the Priesthood Presidency in my Branch

I need to get this fixed, any ideas?

when I am in my LDS Tools Android app, I cant download any of my information, presumably because someone has somehow set it to "Not a Member"

it could be that my account was hacked from somewhere, I dont know ..

can anyone help?

thanks
eblood66

Re: "Change Membership Status" Error

Post by eblood66 »

I'd suggest contacting LDS Account support (https://ldsaccount.lds.org/contact).
David.K.Griffin
Banned

eblood66 wrote:I'd suggest contacting LDS Account support (https://ldsaccount.lds.org/contact).
Thanks, I tried that.. I guess I'll just wait for a reply

I quite suspect it is a personal attack by a website moderator or administrator of this website, who is also a website moderator on another, non-church site, who may have a personal vendetta against me.

I'm willing to bet that if you identify the person who put 'you have stated you are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints', you will find a person who is also a moderator or administrator of a non-church site such as LDSFreedomForum, or maybe a user of another forum who has something personally against me.

It's likely just a continuation of hazing and personal attacks by someone who has their own personal agenda in spreading or clinging to false or incorrect doctrines which they believe are Doctrines of Our Church, but are not.. such as racist doctrines, and other false teachings.. a person who lost face and is trying to recover the face by targeting the one who he blames for his possible shame..

Just a pretty strong feeling I have...

I actually have a person or two who follow me around the internet trying to get me banned from forums or prevented from even registering by blacklisting me from networks of sites..

This could even be the same person

This needs to be fixed, and I would like the name of the individual responsible

Thanks
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

David.K.Griffin wrote:
eblood66 wrote:I'd suggest contacting LDS Account support (https://ldsaccount.lds.org/contact).

I quite suspect it is a personal attack by a website moderator or administrator of this website, who is also a website moderator on another, non-church site, who may have a personal vendetta against me.
The moderators of this forum do not have any control or administrative rights relating to LDS Accounts so that isn't possible. LDS Account is administered by the church's paid IT staff.
David.K.Griffin wrote:I'm willing to bet that if you identify the person who put 'you have stated you are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints', you will find a person who is also a moderator or administrator of a non-church site such as LDSFreedomForum, or maybe a user of another forum who has something personally against me.
I think you're reading too much into that statement. That is just the standard statement used when an LDS Account isn't associated with a membership number. Usually when an LDS Account does not have a membership number it's because the person said they weren't a member of the church when they signed up, so this is a reasonable statement, at least in most cases. It's not personal.
David.K.Griffin
Banned

well, being paid doesnt mean doing things right, and/or not corrupt.. but ok, thanks

the Church has always been full of great evil/ temporary good in its ranks, and people always seem to act according to the dictates of their own fancies in the moment, most of the time... a great many of whom are found eventually to be working against the church & its members, or turn to work other mischief in darkness

anyway, I think thats a very strange default message... especially when I need my Member Record Number to sign-up for the account.. and when it asks for my number, after I type it in it says "There is an account with this number , please sign in".. then I sign in again, and it takes me back to where it says "I've stated I'm not a member"

what is that wording all about.. "YOU HAVE STATED that YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER".. I mean, that's pretty specific.. very non-generic

the only thing I can think of, is to have a way to make accounts which are obviously from Members seem like they have a reason to not be working.. because the account is obviously associated with a membership number, it can at least figure that much out even on its own

so.. its quite strange that it would be giving an account that error when the account is in the system as being associated with a Membership Number

maybe some wires are crossed somewhere..

I talked to my Branch Clerk, and he went on LDS tools and says that it shows I'm a member, etc..

anyway, I still cant see anything on the LDS Tools.. so.. hope it gets worked out soon..
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

David.K.Griffin wrote:I still cant see anything on the LDS Tools.. so.. hope it gets worked out soon..
Until your membership number gets associated with your LDS Account, you won't. Until that happens, "the system" has no idea what ward you belong to.

The clerk can only confirm that you are a member. He cannot see the status of your LDS Account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

David.K.Griffin wrote:anyway, I think thats a very strange default message... especially when I need my Member Record Number to sign-up for the account.. and when it asks for my number, after I type it in it says "There is an account with this number , please sign in".. then I sign in again, and it takes me back to where it says "I've stated I'm not a member"
That sounds like there is another account which is associated with your membership number. I would suggest that you follow the procedure for when you've forgotten your user name:

1. Go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org.
2. Click on 'Can't Sign In?'
3. Select the 'I don't know my username' option.
4. The select the 'Membership Record Number' sub-option.
5. Enter your membership number and birth date.
6. Click Continue.
7. It will tell you the user name associated with that membership number. If it's the same one you're trying to log in with then there is some problem with your LDS Account configuration and LDS Account support will have to figure out the problem. If it's a different one then you can use the 'Recover Your Password' button one the same screen to get the password.

If there is another account and it wasn't one you created (that you forgot about or didn't know was the an LDS Account--for example, familysearch.com also uses LDS Account so if you created an account on Family Search you really created an LDS Account), then you'll probably want to contact LDS Account support for help in removing that account so you can associate your preferred account with your membership number.
David.K.Griffin wrote:what is that wording all about.. "YOU HAVE STATED that YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER".. I mean, that's pretty specific.. very non-generic

the only thing I can think of, is to have a way to make accounts which are obviously from Members seem like they have a reason to not be working.. because the account is obviously associated with a membership number, it can at least figure that much out even on its own
As I said above, based on what you've said it sounds like the account you're trying to use is not associated with an MRN. The message you gave above doesn't say that the account your trying to use is associated with your MRN but that AN account is linked to it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Something that's happened to a number of people is that they create a LDS Account to log into a specific website (perhaps the LDS International Art Competition or Perpetual Education Fund), but then forget about it. Then when they go to sign up for an account to access their ward information, they can't because they already have an account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

David.K.Griffin wrote:
Brother Griffin, I had to speak with church HQ regarding another matter and asked them about the backlog of member LDS Account trouble ticket submissions. They told me they recently had a backlog of over a thousand, but they were down to a little over a hundred right now and quickly working through those, so I don't expect it will be too long before you receive a reply from them.
David.K.Griffin
Banned

russellhltn wrote:Something that's happened to a number of people is that they create a LDS Account to log into a specific website (perhaps the LDS International Art Competition or Perpetual Education Fund), but then forget about it. Then when they go to sign up for an account to access their ward information, they can't because they already have an account.
Thanks, except I have no problem logging in.. I'm using my original account, since it wont let you create a new one with the same Membership record number..

I've only changed my username..
Mikerowaved wrote: Brother Griffin, I had to speak with church HQ regarding another matter and asked them about the backlog of member LDS Account trouble ticket submissions. They told me they recently had a backlog of over a thousand, but they were down to a little over a hundred right now and quickly working through those, so I don't expect it will be too long before you receive a reply from them.
Well thanks.. still waiting for that, I guess.

Return to “Church Account”