Problems with words running in together on Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
perryk

Problems with words running in together on Calendar

Post by perryk »

Why am I having problems with words running in together when I post items on the website calendar? Below is an example of what is happening. Help please.

Youth Choir Practice for Stake Conference, Saturday Session. Theyouth(ages 12-18) from the stake are being asked toparticipate in aYouthChoir to sing at the Saturday evening sessionof stakeconference on June 14. Choirpractice will be held every Sundayevening at6:00p.m.,starting on Sunday, May 4 -- except no choirpractice willbe held on May 25. The May 4 practice will be heldatthe stake center. The visiting General Authority would likeeverychoir seat filled.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Problems with words running in together on Calendar

Post by aebrown »

Are you typing the description text into the Calendar website itself, or are you composing the text elsewhere and copying and pasting it into the Calendar site?
perryk

Post by perryk »

I type directly into the Calendar website. I have also tried cutting and pasting from a Word document -- either way does the same thing with the words running in together. It looks fine until I save it (create the event) and then the words run in together. Help please.
wxrwxr

Post by wxrwxr »

This problem is easy to duplicate. Just take his first two lines, correct the format, and save. Upon bringing it up again the words will be back to the bad format. This may be related to another problem discussed in the thread titled: "What is happening to the text in the Create Event Descri".

It would be good if the system would let the user control the format of the description field.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

It looks to me like the engineers were trying to fix the problem reported in Losing newlines from Description field. In the process of removing existing newlines inserted by the multi-line editor, the newlines were simply deleted instead of being replaced by a space.

The cases where there are multiple words strung together must be the result of multiple edits and saves; I can duplicate a single space per line being removed when I save a description, but situations like "heldatthe" where three words are combined together requires at least two save operations.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've turned in a report.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wbeskander

Post by wbeskander »

I'mhavingthesame problemwithmycalendar! This just started withthelastupdate! :-) They messed up when they finished the updatestotheprogram. LOL.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

I have been having the same issue for the past few weeks! At first I thought it must be me, or my computer, but it kept happening. It was happening still today, so I checked on here and saw these posts.

I hope this issue will be fixed as soon as possible and not have it wait until the next update takes place.

I also don't understand why when after some of the updates take place, things that used to work fine get messed up with the new update.

Thanks for listening to our complaints!
Margie
davewhite

Post by davewhite »

I have the same problem on my calendar entries.

"Ward Executive Secretary" is changed to " Ward ExecutiveSecretary" after saving changes.

Repeated attempts to add the necessary spacing between words is not accepted.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

Try editing the event and put the spaces back in. My understanding is it should be fixed now.

Return to “Calendar”